Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Teddy has been a below average QB for minny, Case had played light and day better then Teddy ever has.

Could Teddy improve maybe, but he hasn't earned the right to walk back into a starting job. Case is performing and winning, Teddy is where he should be as the backup.

This is so far off base. Not accurate in any way.

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Teddy has been a below average QB for minny, Case had played light and day better then Teddy ever has.

Could Teddy improve maybe, but he hasn't earned the right to walk back into a starting job. Case is performing and winning, Teddy is where he should be as the backup.

The offense surrounding Case right now seems much better than anything Teddy had, save for the running game maybe? Even then, any drop off in the running game isn't nearly as much as the improvement in offensive line and pass catching options. Shurmer's playcalling is looking like a better fit for the pieces in place than Norvs did too. 

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

This is so far off base. Not accurate in any way.

I am inclined to agree with you, as I think Teddy was continually getting better and in his last regular season was probably playing as good as Case is now, albeit the stats probably don’t back that up (i’m not one to look at raw stats and make conclusions, I prefer a mixing of the stats along with the eye test). I would, however like you to extrapolate as to why this is so far off base and inaccurate, just for the sake of the conversation. As of right now, your counter to Criminal seems more opinionated rather than backed up with reasoning.

10 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

You're assuming Keenum is playing in the same system, playing with the same line, and playing with the same weapons Teddy played with when we last saw him. 

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Which stat do you want to see?

Teddy 2015

QBR #21

Yards #22

TD #26

Sack 6th worse

Each of these are "below average"

In many ways I think the stats don’t tell a full story when trying to back your argument here. As has been implied earlier, this was a different team last time Teddy played. Norv was the OC, the offense was centered around AP, the O-line was much worse, the WR corps wasn’t nearly as developed, thus reducing production. In the red zone, we almost never went for passing TD’s, we usually rode AP. 

To me, this is like looking at DPI calls before and after the rules were tightened. You most assuredly are going to have a delta in the stats, which if looking at those stats without context, will give credibility to your argument. However, the context is actually the “rug that pulls the room together” and is why most people don’t seem to agree with your pose.

14 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and seems so desperately biased, like propagandistic.

i'm all for diversity of opinion, but it seems... hard to describe.

Sit back and enjoy the (Teddy Bridgewater) show. I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this when he is starting and helping win games, proving to be the long term answer we've so desperately needed since...Fran. Except this one is gonna get a SB ring! Skol!!

There I said it. No regeerrrrttts

So your argument is not backed up by stats, and also Case 2017 is superior then Teddy 2015 on tape.

Everything you mentioned is just assumptions that Teddy should improve now abiet after a significant injury which likely reduced is mobility, whereas Case is producing in actuality at a high level.

If Case is going to fall back down to earth, let it be. He had earned the right to continue in the starter spot (over Teddy) for multiple games. If Case continues basically with the same production, most likely we are #1 or #2 seed, with potentially 3 home games to win the chip

40 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

If Case is going to fall back down to earth, let it be. He had earned the right to continue in the starter spot (over Teddy) for multiple games. If Case continues basically with the same production, most likely we are #1 or #2 seed, with potentially 3 home games to win the chip

that's certainly a reasonable argument. it's when your tone switches to such a demeaning and diminishing one of Bridgewater that it comes across as desperate and biased.

2015, Bridgewater running a 7 step drop offense, centered around a running back who couldn’t run out of anything but power run formations. 

2017, Keenum running a quick tempo, shotgun based offense, centered around the quarterback with two legit #1 options at receiver. 

But, yes, let’s compare them. 

39 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

that's certainly a reasonable argument. it's when your tone switches to such a demeaning and diminishing one of Bridgewater that it comes across as desperate and biased.

I disagree, I said that Bridgewater performed as a below average QB in the league and afterwards provided meaningful stats to depict that.

Nothing desperate or biased about that. I'd argue its more unbiased. 

Archived