Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

So because we haven't been blessed with great QB play it's okay to not strive for great QB play?

Likely to get a better QB than Case, we need to draft another one... Which I'm on board with. 

Retain Case (ballooned one year deal) and draft a rookie QB and hope for the best, get 2 compensatory picks for Teddy and Bradford

3 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I would agree, except at this point we cannot confirm that Teddy is a better QB. I want him to be,

I'm using the information available to me: Teddy's career (film and statistics), Keenum's career, Keenum's current performance and stats, and indications from local reporting that Teddy looks good, perhaps better than before in practice.

So the final piece is what you or I cannot do, which is evaluate him in practice.  Regardless, based on what's in front of me, it still feels like an easy conclusion: Teddy is the better QB.  I admit bias tho

1 minute ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I'm using the information available to me: Teddy's career (film and statistics), Keenum's career, Keenum's current performance and stats, and indications from local reporting that Teddy looks good, perhaps better than before in practice.

So the final piece is what you or I cannot do, which is evaluate him in practice.  Regardless, based on what's in front of me, it still feels like an easy conclusion: Teddy is the better QB.  I admit bias tho

If that is the case, why is the Zim sticking with Keenum?  Why not play the better player?

12 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Could we examine yet another option: why not go after Cousins?  He has played very well this year, and just lit up our defense a few weeks ago, and last week should have won against NO.  He is playing behind a makeshift line, and not much for weapons.  He might not cost us much more than Teddy or Case.  What do ya'all think?

I don't see Washington letting him go regardless of what has transpired. But of course he should be better then any QB on the roster.

8 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

If that is the case, why is the Zim sticking with Keenum?  Why not play the better player?

Obviously I don't know 100% (neither do you), but I think he's choosing to ride the hot hand.  Makes sense I guess, but I'd perfer to see that the two are splitting 1st team reps and the decision is based on the winner of said of competition.  That doesn't seem to be what's happening however.

1 minute ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Obviously I don't know 100% (neither do you), but I think he's choosing to ride the hot hand.  Makes sense I guess, but I'd perfer to see that the two are splitting 1st team reps and the decision is based on the winner of said of competition.  That doesn't seem to be what's happening however.

But would you want them to split repetitions in practice, and thus hinder both from getting the reps they need if they were to start?  The next few weeks should be quite interesting, to say the least.

18 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

But would you want them to split repetitions in practice, and thus hinder both from getting the reps they need if they were to start?  The next few weeks should be quite interesting, to say the least.

At the benefit of having your best player ready to go by the playoffs, yeah go for it.

51 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Matter of opinion that, to this point, has lacked any show of evidence.

And yet you fail to come in here and show us any evidence that Bridgewater is the better option.   The coaching staff is working with both players and know a lot more then all of us.  Them sticking with Keenum is very telling.   

14 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

And yet you fail to come in here and show us any evidence that Bridgewater is the better option.   The coaching staff is working with both players and know a lot more then all of us.  Them sticking with Keenum is very telling.   

I and many others have made that case over and over in this thread, you're free to search through and find.

Appeal to authority all you want but head coaches, yes even Zim, aren't infallible; see Tyrod Taylor and the Buffalo Bills.

1 hour ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I and many others have made that case over and over in this thread, you're free to search through and find.

Appeal to authority all you want but head coaches, yes even Zim, aren't infallible; see Tyrod Taylor and the Buffalo Bills.

if Case starts the remaning games this year & if he is retained, find peace in him being the starter over the backup QB, whoever that might be.

1 hour ago, Freakish Mind said:

The coaching staff is working with both players and know a lot more then all of us.  Them sticking with Keenum is very telling.   

errr... i wouldn't use that as a strong piece of evidence, seeing every week Zimmer has to announce who the starting qb is. which means it is continually evaluated.

Archived