Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Eh, overall it was a good performance.

We can certainly win and be a strong team with Keenum. I'm okay with him as long as he continues to roll. We're more than just a one and done team in the playoffs.

Next year will be confusing though.

Anything could happen.  Next year may be crystal clear if Keenum plays well... or plays poorly over the next few games, and Bradford returns, and Bridgewater plays again this year.

The Vikings ARE a strong team now with Keenum, and will continue to be so if he executes what Shurmur sends in.  I am concerned with the smarter defensive coaches that the Vikings will face in the playoffs.  Oh, wait!  Did I assume they'll make the playoffs too soon.... ?

To be honest, he is locked in as starter for this year, even if Zimmer doesn't say it. Doesn't matter.

He will get double digit per year, multi year deal offers in the offseason. I feel we'll tag him, keep him on a 1 year contract and see if he can repeat his success next year. Teddy and Bradford go to different teams, and we get comp picks for both of them.

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

To be honest, he is locked in as starter for this year, even if Zimmer doesn't say it. Doesn't matter.

He will get double digit per year, multi year deal offers in the offseason. I feel we'll tag him, keep him on a 1 year contract and see if he can repeat his success next year. Teddy and Bradford go to different teams, and we get comp picks for both of them.

I think you're projecting too far out at this point.

You're opinion on Teddy has been well made and you're entitled to have it obviously, but the Vikings still seem fairy attached to the kid. 

I think things are just too difficult to predict at the moment and we should all just enjoy the season

JM2C

2 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I think you're projecting too far out at this point.

You're opinion on Teddy has been well made and you're entitled to have it obviously, but the Vikings still seem fairy attached to the kid. 

I think things are just too difficult to predict at the moment and we should all just enjoy the season

JM2C

My projection is if Case is retained by Vikings it will be for a salary (tag or double digit salary) that hands him the starting job. Under that scenario, no matter how much the Vikings like\love Teddy, his agent would very likely recommend a change of scenery for him & most likely more money as a stop gap QB starter available elsewhere.

Just my prediction, if Case is retained by us.

Keenum played good and im fine that they keep rolling with him while his hand is hot but he does still show why his leash is short and why Zimmer says he has a horseshoe right now. He got very lucky he didnt throw a pick 6 near the end there and had he this conversation would be different right now.

For those who want to say we've never seen this level of play from Teddy, let me remind you of a 6+ game stretch from him as a rookie where he led the league in QBR and was the highest (or second highest, can't quite remember the nitty gritty) graded QB by PFF

As a rookie on a far inferior team.

22 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

For those who want to say we've never seen this level of play from Teddy, let me remind you of a 6+ game stretch from him as a rookie where he led the league in QBR and was the highest (or second highest, can't quite remember the nitty gritty) graded QB by PFF

As a rookie on a far inferior team.

Are you referring to his last 5 games as a rookie?

http://www.nfl.com/player/teddybridgewater/2543465/gamelogs?season=2014

I calculate his QB rating as 102.98 (101/140, 1230 yds, 8 TD's, 5 INT's) for that 5-game stretch, which is pretty good.

2 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Are you referring to his last 5 games as a rookie?

http://www.nfl.com/player/teddybridgewater/2543465/gamelogs?season=2014

I calculate his QB rating as 102.98 (101/140, 1230 yds, 8 TD's, 5 INT's) for that 5-game stretch, which is pretty good.

There it is. And I believe this was a stretch of games PFF thought quite highly of as well.  Had a excellent (league leading perhaps) adj. Comp% 

Just putting it out there for those who want to believe that Teddy hasn't had a similar range of output to Keenum's current.

It may be Keenum's job to loose at this point, but there is a reason that some have doubts, that's all.

Archived