Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Keenum very well could be the top FA QB. He's playing better than Alex Smith. Who are the other FA QBs not named Cousins.

Yep. If Glennon and Osweiller could get massive contracts for showing nothing, Keenum should blow them out of the water.

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

How much would Jacksonville, Buffalo, Miami, Denver, and Houston love to have Keenum right now? They'd likely all be looking at playoff berths with him, and Jacksonville might be looking at being a legit contender.

Or they could all be out of contention. There’s no way you can simply project Keenum’s play in Minnesota to all of those teams. He could have just as easily continued to play in those locations the same as he did in Houston or with the Rams. 

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I still think teams would view Alex Smith as a better player than Keenum. 

Alex Smith is also several years older than Keenum. Keenum will be a high demand FA. If MN wants to keep him, they may need to lock him up prior to FA. Or maybe they fall back to Teddy at a potentially cheaper contract.

13 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yep. If Glennon and Osweiller could get massive contracts for showing nothing, Keenum should blow them out of the water.

Those guys also have something that Keenum doesn't - really strong arms. Never underestimate a coach's belief that he can coax great play out of a guy with physical talent.

Not saying that it's a good approach, only that it happens.

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Ehhhh....

Keenum has a vastly superior body of work to Glennon. Glennon never played this well. Ever. Glennon's contract is likely the floor for Keenum. 

The question was "how much would you pay?" so I answered with how much I would pay. I didn't say anything about either player's body of work.

Archived