Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

4 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

If today they signed Keenum to a 3 year extention $12M/yr would we be happy? We don't know what his demise could possibly be or how he will do in the playoffs, but possibly getting him on a discounted deal.

That would be very reasonable.

The natives are getting more and more restless over in the Packer Forum with each Vikings win.  They are now saying that an inexperienced quarterback cannot win a Super Bowl.  While it could certainly be pointed out that this is a team game and that we are winning because of more than just the play of our QB, they do have a point.  My question is if we are in a playoff game and Keenum starts to trying to play a little over his head and starts making some mistakes, when do you think about putting Teddy in the game?  Personally, I think that if we are playing at home and Keenum throws a couple of INT's that put us down on the scoreboard, I could see the team and the home crowd getting a huge lift with Teddy taking the field.  Having Teddy ready to go puts us in a nice position when you consider that we do have an inexperienced QB starting for us right now.  While it could be said that Teddy doesn't have a lot more playoff experience than Keenum does, he does seem to be very cool under pressure (GUMP!!!).  I think that if he is physically able to play, he might be able to bring us further than Case could.  What do you think would have to happen in a playoff game for Coach Zimmer to make a switch to Teddy?  Is there even a chance of that happening, barring an injury to Keenum?

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The natives are getting more and more restless over in the Packer Forum with each Vikings win.  They are now saying that an inexperienced quarterback cannot win a Super Bowl.  

one guy said that.

and Keenum would have to be having a horrid game, or quarter, to be pulled now.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Don't you think there would be an awful lot of agreement with that sentiment over there?

Buck... as your friend, you gotta let it go. you get way too concerned and worked up over what Packer fans say. and then sometimes get in trouble for your responses. Green Bay's going nowhere this post season except the couch. keep your eyes on the prize.

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Buck... as your friend, you gotta let it go. you get way too concerned and worked up over what Packer fans say. and then sometimes get in trouble for your responses. Green Bay's going nowhere this post season except the couch. keep your eyes on the prize.

LOL.  Did you even read the rest of my post?  I was actually agreeing to an extent with the guy who brought it up.  My post wasn't about the Packers.  It was about the possibility of bringing Teddy in the game if Case starts to have problems with the playoff atmosphere.  

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

It was about the possibility of bringing Teddy in the game if Case starts to have problems with the playoff atmosphere.  

i know, and my reply was that it really isn't going to happen unless Keenum has a horrid outing early on, like 3 ints in three drives or something.

even then...

I love Teddy, but he won't see time in the playoffs unless Case is injured or if we are up by multiple TD's at the end of the game.

I think it would have to be honestly a 3 INT quarter followed by a bad mistake opening the next quarter. 3 and out, terrible throw, another turnover just to see him in the regular season.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

i know, and my reply was that it really isn't going to happen unless Keenum has a horrid outing early on, like 3 ints in three drives or something.

even then...

The problem is that in the playoffs you have to win or the season is over.  You might be right.  I was just wondering if there was a point that Zim would try to turn the tide by going with Teddy.  Hopefully, it won't get to that point.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

The problem is that in the playoffs you have to win or the season is over.  You might be right.  I was just wondering if there was a point that Zim would try to turn the tide by going with Teddy.  Hopefully, it won't get to that point.

Teddy is a total unknown right now. even if Keenum has a bad start, his abilities are known. you coach him and the team to return to them.

Teddy will play if there is injury or big late lead, that's about it.

Archived