Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

didn't Matt Ryan have three int's in four plays or something? who was that...?

did he get pulled?

He also just made it to the Superbowl, is paid like a starting QB, and is proven for years he is the starter. Don't see those type of QB's get pulled to often mid-game.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

Teddy is a total unknown right now. even if Keenum has a bad start, his abilities are known. you coach him and the team to return to them.

Teddy will play if there is injury or big late lead, that's about it.

Those are good points.  I'm fairly confident about keeping up with the other NFC teams, but if we were able to actually reach the big stage of the Super Bowl, I'd be pretty nervous about matching up against the Patriots with their GOAT quarterback and possibly the GOAT head coach.  They DO have a ton of experience, and Keenum's pedigree is nowhere near what they bring to the table.  We will have to get that far before having to worry about it anyway, I know.  There is a long way to go.

53 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Correct.  Correct.  Correct; I paid close attention to Zimmer's words on this issue, presser after presser.  What has he said?  I've given enough hints.

I'll play along. 

Are you saying that teddy never would have replaced keenum because they didn't replace keenum with an undrafted rookie fa? 

Or do we have to decipher zimmers code 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Don’t forget reigning MVP

I don't know who Atlanta's backup QB was at that time, but I'm guessing they didn't have anyone on the roster who could potentially have a higher upside than Matt Ryan too.  That was kind of a different situation that we would be in.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Those are good points.  I'm fairly confident about keeping up with the other NFC teams, but if we were able to actually reach the big stage of the Super Bowl, I'd be pretty nervous about matching up against the Patriots with their GOAT quarterback and possibly the GOAT head coach.  They DO have a ton of experience, and Keenum's pedigree is nowhere near what they bring to the table.  We will have to get that far before having to worry about it anyway, I know.  There is a long way to go.

One thing that will help the Vikings is that if they do make the super bowl, they would have to fight through the good nfc.

There is no matching new England's experience though

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know who Atlanta's backup QB was at that time, but I'm guessing they didn't have anyone on the roster who could potentially have a higher upside than Matt Ryan too.  That was kind of a different situation that we would be in.

Matt Schaub.

Unless there is an injury I dont want to see Teddy. Gotta ride this out with Keenum. 

@Uncle Buck Randy is rooting for the Vikes. He's already seen the Patriots win. The Vikings put him in their ROH. We drafted him and gave him his shot in the nfl.

Archived