Week 4 GDT: Tennessee Titans (2-1) at Houston Texans (1-2)

titans0021

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

As messed up as the Delaine thing is and it is Titan's related and Titans news, but let's try to avoid "flying to close to sun" with this one. With the forum rules in mind of course. 

Let's just hope it drives him even harder on Sunday to help the team take a good lead in the division.

Yup, almost an impossible subject to go into real depth on without violating forum rules.

I'll just say that it disgusts me, for obvious reasons. Delanie is one of the best guys in the NFL, has done a ton of charity work and literally did a USO tour overseas a few months ago. 

And, since we are able to kind of talk about Delanie's comments without getting political as they were mainly just talking to fans, I'll add this. The backlash he's gotten is unreal. He didn't say I hope the fans don't show up. He legit just said that it's your choice to attend games and support the team. If you have a problem with anything that's happening, fine, don't come to the games. Which is entirely correct. How people twisted that into him insulting the fans is so far beyond me.

But whatever, as I've found out from reading responses to virtually any tweet over the last week, Twitter is just a pit where the worst kinds of people can say whatever they want to human beings while shielding their identities. I love social media for the access it gives your average fan. And I hate social media for the access it gives your average fan.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yup, almost an impossible subject to go into real depth on without violating forum rules.

I'll just say that it disgusts me, for obvious reasons. Delanie is one of the best guys in the NFL, has done a ton of charity work and literally did a USO tour overseas a few months ago. 

And, since we are able to kind of talk about Delanie's comments without getting political as they were mainly just talking to fans, I'll add this. The backlash he's gotten is unreal. He didn't say I hope the fans don't show up. He legit just said that it's your choice to attend games and support the team. If you have a problem with anything that's happening, fine, don't come to the games. Which is entirely correct. How people twisted that into him insulting the fans is so far beyond me.

He had to expect that the way he said it though. People are upset, and for good reason, him calling out those fans like he did just makes it worse.

Let me add, those people doing what they did doesn't make it right, but I would have expected it 100%.

6 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

He had to expect that the way he said it though. People are upset, and for good reason, him calling out those fans like he did just makes it worse.

I just don't get it. Really, I don't get any of it. But I really don't get the anger with Delanie's comments. He didn't even call out the fans, he said "if you feel like we're disrespecting you, don't come to the game." I just don't understand how someone manages to interpret that as an insult, yet apparently 1000s of people managed to take it that way.

Edit: Alright, I can see how some people managed to take it that way. Because guys like Wolf went with the "And the fans that don't want to come to the game? Ok. Bye." as the headline rather than providing the complete quote. Admittedly, it's still 100% accurate and in no way offensive, but with just a partial quote it comes off a little more brash.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I just don't get it. Really, I don't get any of it. But I really don't get the anger with Delanie's comments. He didn't even call out the fans, he said "if you feel like we're disrespecting you, don't come to the game." I just don't understand how someone manages to interpret that as an insult, yet apparently 1000s of people managed to take it that way.

Edit: Alright, I can see how some people managed to take it that way. Because guys like Wolf went with the "And the fans that don't want to come to the game? Ok. Bye." as the headline rather than providing the complete quote. Admittedly, it's still 100% accurate and in no way offensive, but with just a partial quote it comes off a little more brash.

Yeah, I didn't even actually listen to what he said, I just saw the headline as well, and was like damn, really Delanie?

Changing the topic abit, I absolutely hate that Deshaun Watson is a Texan. I was a fan of his in college and think he's going to become a pretty good QB. He always reminded me of Air McNair when watching him in college.

Seeing how he gave his first game check to the cafeteria workers makes it even more difficult. I think I'll always be a fan of his and root that he has success, while the Texans as a team fails(Sunday vs the Patriots was perfect). Why couldn't he have just been drafted by the Chiefs?

EDIT-And to be clear, I hope he has the worst game of his career Sunday and anytime he plays us.

I actually don't think Watson ends up being a franchise guy. I think he can be an average player from the pocket, but I don't think teams are going to fear his arm. Williams being as good at the contested catch as he is really bailed him out in college.

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Hopefully all the "fans" like that leave the fanbase and become Patriots fans or something. Worst part about the internet. I have to see just how many idiots actually live on this planet.

Is this breaking forum rules? You just called people who didn't like Delanie telling them to leave, "idiots."

So agree with Delanie (who I love and is my AAT) and you aren't breaking forum rules. Disagree with Delanie and you are breaking forum rules? That is BIAS. Am I reading this correctly? 

4 minutes ago, TitanTuff said:

Is this breaking forum rules? You just called people who didn't like Delanie telling them to leave, "idiots."

So agree with Delanie (who I love and is my AAT) and you aren't breaking forum rules. Disagree with Delanie and you are breaking forum rules? That is BIAS. Am I reading this correctly? 

I read it more as him talking about the people sending death threats to Delanie, not people who just solely disagree with him.

But posts like this are probably why this discussion is warned against.

2 hours ago, TitanTuff said:

It's not really breaking forum rules. He wasn't insulting any specific posters, more expressing his frustration with all of the fans that are boycotting.  Or at least claim to be boycotting. And in general, if you're still posting on a Titans forum, you probably don't fall into that category.

Admittedly, I'll take the blame on this one. Everybody on every side is just super sensitive to the issue, it's not really possible to have a fair discussion without moving directly into political waters. So I will ask that everyone (myself included) just leaves the protest stuff alone. Not much good can come from it.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

And in general, if you're still posting on a Titans forum, you probably don't fall into that category.

You are correct Sir!  I love this team and have been a superfan/PSL owner since they called Vanderbilt field their home. Some dudes dropping to their knees doesn't impact my support one bit. Tip-toeing around the forum rules isn't fun for anyone.

The only tip-toeing I'm interested in, is the Eric Decker Tip-Toe=)

2mwwkn5.jpg

2hfkr6b.jpg

7 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I actually don't think Watson ends up being a franchise guy. I think he can be an average player from the pocket, but I don't think teams are going to fear his arm. Williams being as good at the contested catch as he is really bailed him out in college.

Sure Williams helped him last year but he was just as good, if not better in 2015 without Williams.

Archived