Chiefs vs Redskins GDT: Monday Night Football@Arrowhead

Chiefer

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Per ESPN, Chiefs lead the NFL in sacks/drop back pass, giving up sacks at the rate of 12%. This is not a stat I feel good about. I know the Oline keeps changing personnel, but Alex can't keep taking some of these crushing hits.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20850120/nfl-how-much-alex-smith-really-changed-2017

I'd argue a substantial amount of that is on Alex, though. Earlier in the week PFF posted a stat that Alex has a 100% completion percentage when under pressure. On the surface that's good, but what it really means is that when pressured this year, if he doesn't have a sure thing, he's just taking the sack. Several of those he had enough time to try to throw it away.

I do disagree with a good chunk of what's in that article, though. No one has argued that Smith has changed completely, but he has absolutely added a deep element to his game. It's not a lot, but 2 or 3 deep attempts per game is more than the 0 we've generally had in past year's of this offense. So he has opened up his game, even with our passing offense still mostly being short, efficient passes.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:14 PM, onejayhawk said:

The Redskin front seven is not up to what we saw from Philly and their pass rush is not up to Bosa and Ingram. It's a much improved defense but I think their offense is the bigger challenge.

J

That's debatable the skins front 7 is 2xs better than SD. 

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

I think the chiefs win somewhere like 23-17. Kirk cousins has been shaky this season , the raiders game was a lot better but the raiders D is trash .

how ever skins have outplayed every team it's the matter of us turning over on ST .

Probably not trash. Raiders are always a physical team. Chiefs usually lose at least one game/season immediately after playing them. It's hard to recover. Last year it was a loss at home to Tennessee.

26 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Probably not trash. Raiders are always a physical team. Chiefs usually lose at least one game/season immediately after playing them. It's hard to recover. Last year it was a loss at home to Tennessee.

The raiders D awful other than Mack IMO.

And nah y'all should win the skins have not beaten the chiefs since the 80s and that's when the skins where great!

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

That's debatable the skins front 7 is 2xs better than SD. 

That is not inconsistent. I said that the Washington front seven was not as good as Philly's, which you did not challenge. Washington's pass rush is not as good as what Ingram and Bosa are putting out. Note that Ingram was defensive player of the month, partly because of his ability to pressure Alex. As a group, the SD front seven has holes, but the cutting edge is as good as it gets right now.

J

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

Most likely out, along with Morse 

I'm hopeful they're just giving Fisher rest since he practiced yesterday, hes played injured before

Wonder how the line shakes out, Witzmann moves to tackle and Ehinger at guard?

4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Chiefs waived/injured K Cairo Santos.

Santos was placed on IR this week. His injury was never expected to be a season ender, so this allows him to resurface with another team when healthy. The Chiefs are moving forward with Harrison Butker.

Weird. Santos must have been in the edge already, they just didn't have better competition. 

Archived