Lawrence Timmons reinstated

TheKillerNacho

I think LB Chase Allen has done a solid job filling in for Timmons.  If he can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in the middle next season.  Kid has a lot of potential and prototype measurables, 6'3 250 lbs 4.6 40 yd speed and 23 reps on 225 lb press.  I hope we can teach him the defensive calls and plug him in the middle.......he has shown that he can get to ball carriers imo.

49 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I think LB Chase Allen has done a solid job filling in for Timmons.  If he can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in the middle next season.  Kid has a lot of potential and prototype measurables, 6'3 250 lbs 4.6 40 yd speed and 23 reps on 225 lb press.  I hope we can teach him the defensive calls and plug him in the middle.......he has shown that he can get to ball carriers imo.

Hasn't he only played about 30 snaps over two games?

Mike Hull is really the one filling in for Timmons. It should be Timmons and Kiko in the nickel package. Technically Hull should be playing the dozen or so snaps per game that Chase Allen is currently playing. Either way, Allen is tied to Miami through 2019.

The good news is that Allen and Hull add great depth to Timmons this year and with  Mcmillan coming back next year Miami should be pretty set at linebacker next off season so they can concentrate on the o-line and secondary.

Well I am hoping we get a turn around from Jones

Maxwell is gone next season, Howard has been decent so far with weird matchups (ASJ?) and we can see what we get from Tankersley/TJ McDonald perhaps towards the second half of the year. I just wish we would go to press man properly, none of this free release nonsense. We have the body types to do it

Seriously, Andersons TD vs Verner for example. Awful, inside release, no hands on the receiver, he doesnt even have to really do anything but sprint.

On 9/27/2017 at 5:07 PM, cddolphin said:

Hasn't he only played about 30 snaps over two games?

Mike Hull is really the one filling in for Timmons. It should be Timmons and Kiko in the nickel package. Technically Hull should be playing the dozen or so snaps per game that Chase Allen is currently playing. Either way, Allen is tied to Miami through 2019.

In 28 snaps during the Jets game, Allen had 7 tackles which I believe was the team lead for the game.  You may be correct that technically Hull is the one filling in for Timmons, but it looks to me that in our base defensive front, 4-3, Hull is playing the Mike, Kiko the Will, and Allen the Sam ( which is where Timmons was reportedly slotted ).  Although with Offensive motion the Sam and Will are probably swapping roles frequently.

No argument on who was filling in for Timmons, just saying that Allen is flashing some potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Timmons is a game changer. This week, he really showed his worth. He was all over the field, and was very good in open field tackles. He sniffed out screens and got there like the seasoned vet he is. The combination of Kiko, Timmons, and Rey was impressive. The LB play was soo good that they starting sending Kiko on LB blitzes. We will see if this level of play can continue.

30 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

Timmons is a game changer. This week, he really showed his worth. He was all over the field, and was very good in open field tackles. He sniffed out screens and got there like the seasoned vet he is. The combination of Kiko, Timmons, and Rey was impressive. The LB play was soo good that they starting sending Kiko on LB blitzes. We will see if this level of play can continue.

I have to say that I was fairly impressed as well.  Granted, the Titans aren't a juggernaut, but it was the best I've seen the Miami LB corps for awhile.

5 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I have to say that I was fairly impressed as well.  Granted, the Titans aren't a juggernaut, but it was the best I've seen the Miami LB corps for awhile.

Night and day compared to the first three games (although Timmons was pretty good week 4 as well).

Archived