Predict The Playoffs 1-16 Seeding

Mr Raider

There's been talk of the playoffs this year being a 1-16 seed tournament regardless of conference due to Covid-19. If that were to happen how do you guys think the playoffs would play out? Any teams get a benefit from that with the current standings? Any team at a disadvantage? Overall feelings with the idea. And finally, predictions for the playoffs if it were to go down like this. 

As of today it would look like this 

b5e302af04022e5eeba24fd6ec78a3d9

I am old school in many ways.. Tradition matters more to me..I would hate to see both conferences mesh up teams in a bracket.. To me it breaks up rivalries and history.. Example.. I wouldn't want to see either Boston or the Clipper face each other in the 2nd rd of a playoff series.. It would just seem weird to me.. 

Edited by resilient part 2

48 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am old school in many ways.. Tradition matters more to me..I would hate to see both conferences mesh up teams in a bracket.. To me it breaks up rivalries and history.. Example.. I wouldn't want to see either Boston or the Clipper face each other in the 2nd rd of a playoff series.. It would just seem weird to me.. 

I go back and forth. In the recent past I kind of preferred the 1-16 format because you'd see the 9 and 10 seed from the West getting left out when they would be like the 7 seed in the East. 

This year though the 16 teams would still be 8 from the East and 8 from the West. If for whatever reason this would be the easiest way to make some form of the playoffs happen I would definitely take it. And it could make for some interesting match ups. 

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I mean, at the end of the day I want to see the two best teams face each other in the Finals.  There's always going to be an asterisk next to this season anyways.

12 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

There's been talk of the playoffs this year being a 1-16 seed tournament regardless of conference due to Covid-19. If that were to happen how do you guys think the playoffs would play out? Any teams get a benefit from that with the current standings? Any team at a disadvantage? Overall feelings with the idea. And finally, predictions for the playoffs if it were to go down like this. 

As of today it would look like this 

b5e302af04022e5eeba24fd6ec78a3d9

Nuggets get a huge benefit dodging the Rockets in round 1.. actually that whole quadrant is super favorable to them, could make the final 4. 

Bucks get screwed for having Clippers on their side, much tougher out than the 3 seeded Raptors that the Lakers have.

Lakers definitely make it to the finals, and it's a toss up between Clippers and Bucks as to who makes it. Any of those 3 could win it. I'd lean Lakers. Of course who knows how this time away has effected individual players, teams could be playing much different, especially early on, and it could be upset city.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Lakers road would be insane. Could have to go Rockets, Nuggets/Raptors, Clippers/Bucks in three consecutive series. 

To be honest, not much different than what they may go through in the West. If they do play more regular season games, the Lakers may end up having to go through Rockets/Clippers/Bucks in three consecutive series. Having to only play one of Clippers/Bucks is beneficial to the Lakers. 

Nuggets/Raptors winner could put up a fight but they aren't true threats to knock the Lakers off. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

To be honest, not much different than what they may go through in the West. If they do play more regular season games, the Lakers may end up having to go through Rockets/Clippers/Bucks in three consecutive series. Having to only play one of Clippers/Bucks is beneficial to the Lakers. 

Nuggets/Raptors winner could put up a fight but they aren't true threats to knock the Lakers off. 

Fair point

Rockets had some crazy stuff going on and lost 4 of 5 before the closure, all 4 against sub .500 teams. Otherwise they would be much higher up. I feel they are much better than the 10 seed. 

but it is what it is, I wouldn’t mind the Jazz for a 3rd straight season but the lakers are the worst match up in the league for us. Especially with a fresh and healthy Lebron/AD