Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Responses like “Or does he just stink automatically because he touched my team?” are what make people think you’re being sensitive, not making counterpoints.

Well when your original point doesn’t make much sense, that was the only reasoning I could muster up. You said he’s only putting up good stats because LB tend to put up good numbers when they’re surrounded with garbage, so can we safely assume he wasn’t putting up numbers because he was on a good defense?

I paid accordingly, we don’t all have friends who will trade us studs on massive discounts 😉

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Deion Jones is a 4-3 LB. Why are we talking about his sack numbers?

Because off ball linebackers do not hold any value unless they generate sacks or turnovers. Off ball LBs without those attributes are the cheapest commodity in the sim. You could have upgraded your entire 4-3 LB group for cheaper than a second round pick

Edited by pwny

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Because off ball linebackers do not hold any value unless they generate sacks or turnovers. Off ball LBs without those attributes are the cheapest commodity in the sim. You could have upgraded your entire 4-3 LB group for cheaper than a second round pick

Do you think Deion Jones is a top 10 NFL LB?

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Do you think Deion Jones is a top 10 NFL LB?

Sure.

I also think Justin Tucker is the best K in football. Doesn't mean he's worth trading a first round pick for.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Like I said, someone offered a 1+2+3 for Peters alone. I had to top that, and sweeten it for Jones.

The first, second, and future 2nd are equal in value to the 1+2+3. So you effectively paid a first for Jones. 

You could have reached out to flux, and spent those same picks to get Kyle Fuller+Lane Johnson+Jerry Hughes+Matt Milano+Christian Kirksey and actually transformed your team.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

The first, second, and future 2nd are equal in value to the 1+2+3. So you effectively paid a first for Jones. 

You could have reached out to flux, and spent those same picks to get Kyle Fuller+Lane Johnson+Jerry Hughes+Matt Milano+Christian Kirksey and actually transformed your team.

Who are Milano and Kirksey better than? Where is Jerry Hughes playing? Who is Lane Johnson better than?

That theory is great but Wright and Warner are both good LBs, I don't need 2 new LBs and I don't need a DE and I have two very good OTs. Appreciate the advice though, doesn't hurt to get opinions. I'm not worried about trading picks in seasons that have a slim chance of happening.

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Who are Milano and Kirksey better than? Where is Jerry Hughes playing? Who is Lane Johnson better than?

That theory is great but Wright and Warner are both good LBs, I don't need 2 new LBs and I don't need a DE and I have two very good OTs. Appreciate the advice though, doesn't hurt to get opinions. I'm not worried about trading picks in seasons that have a slim chance of happening.

I mean it’s just an example of the huge amount of value and number of players you can get for those picks. If you didn’t think you needed all those players, you could have spent less or targeted players at other positions, either with him or another team.

You could have went and got Fuller and Kirksey, and then a TE, WR and Safety from another team for the same price or less. Or whatever you felt like you need.

And while you may be fine trading picks because you don’t think they are going to happen, you could still get more for those picks than you did. You don’t have a defense on pace for being bottom 10 all time because of just two players.

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

I mean it’s just an example of the huge amount of value and number of players you can get for those picks. If you didn’t think you needed all those players, you could have spent less or targeted players at other positions, either with him or another team.

You could have went and got Fuller and Kirksey, and then a TE, WR and Safety from another team for the same price or less. Or whatever you felt like you need.

And while you may be fine trading picks because you don’t think they are going to happen, you could still get more for those picks than you did. You don’t have a defense on pace for being bottom 10 all time because of just two players.

Yeah I mean you can throw out endless hypotheticals that may have happened. I didn't see anyone actively putting players on the block, I'm happy with what my defense looks like.