Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I have a very potent harmful potion I am going to put on someone here soon. 

I mean a new character claim, or a new role claim.

Something that happened today.

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

It’s weird counselor is more worried about me being scum and getting him lynched than he is about getting me lynched 

it’s a good thing I like that snape guy 

I like to have you around. Matts and Malf I think are scum and once they are gone we can turn toward you. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I think there's a greater than 0% chance that there is 1 scum member in the match, but nothing more than that. If the selections were random it means that there was only about a 21% chance that 1 scum would be selected (3/14, excluding individual who had the  power). If the selections weren't random, I don't know how scum puts more than a single individual from their own team in the group as I believe that they did know that one of them was going to die (likely at random, which is why it was Rack, who was already viewed as slightly shady and was a bizarre choice). 

So I think the odds are twice as good pulling from the group of 8 that didn't play the game; I think you're getting about a 37.5 - 50% chance there as opposed to about 20% if a scum member ended up in the match and you were also a member of that group (otherwise it's about 17% if you are Matts or TK3, for example). And that's operating under the assumption that there managed to be a scum member in that group that played the game. You could just be chasing ghosts. 

This is the closest summation to my thoughts

Presumably, this was a scum move. The real debate is whether Racks was specifically chosen, or whether it was a russian roulette where they threw 7 names onto the wheel.

If it's the latter, I have a hard time believing they would put more than 1 person at risk... and I also have a hard time believing they would put ONLY civs, leaving themselves isolated in the excluded group of 8

My money is that they would put their least valuable player, perhaps the one who used the move itself, making them for all intents and purposes vanilla, so that if they died it would be the least impactful, and if they live, they can then hide

I think we have to lynch from the group that was not in the quidditch game. It's the best odds, and likely their power roles 

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Why are you assuming that the quidditch match is either:

1. A scum power

or 

2. A power at all

LOL