Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

Lavonte David is only a great pick at this point if you're totally ignoring the "building a team for the next 7-10 years" aspect of this.

There’s a way to team build with 30 year olds on your roster

Case in point: every dynasty, super bowl winner, conference championship team for the last ever

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

There’s a way to team build with 30 year olds on your roster

Case in point: every dynasty, super bowl winner, conference championship team for the last ever

Do you really think Lavonte David is going to be a quality starter for the next 7 years?

Just now, Blue said:

Do you really think Lavonte David is going to be a quality starter for the next 7 years?

There are these things called drafts where you get new players to replace the old ones. 

David is still a top LB and likely has 3-4 years left in him 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

There are these things called drafts where you get new players to replace the old ones. 

David is still a top LB and likely has 3-4 years left in him 

I am aware. 3-4 years is significantly less than 7.

The fact that you have to plan on replacing him as soon as you take him is exactly why I don't consider it a great pick.

2 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

No but he can be for the next 3-4 years. And then you plan for such events with your depth chart by having younger guys. 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

This 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

The fact that you have to plan on replacing him as soon as you take him is exactly why I don't consider it a great pick.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So I should take a 24 year old who isn’t good that I have to replace in 3-4 years because he isn’t good? Nah fam. I’ll take the 30 year old stud 

There are plenty of good young linebackers still available. This doesn't mean I think David was a terrible selection, I just don't think it deserves to be called "great" at this point because there are younger guys still available to build around.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You realize year 7 isn’t the only one that counts right? 

You realize that, by your own admission, 3-4 years of good play means 3-4 years of not good play in that span of time, right?

Just now, Blue said:

You realize that, by your own admission, 3-4 years of good play means 3-4 years of not good play in that span of time, right?

If he has a young LBer behind David then he's planning for those last 3-4 years, which I'm sure is the plan. 

3 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

If he has a young LBer behind David then he's planning for those last 3-4 years, which I'm sure is the plan. 

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

Like, I don't know what's confusing here. If you're going to replace him with a younger player halfway through the stated time frame...why not just take the younger player. That's just how I'm looking at it, y'all do you. It's your team(s)!

Edited by Blue