Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

2 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Zeitler is a RG, Jenkins is a LG, Jake Matthews is a RT, Bates is a FS, and Cam Jordan is a DE. 

soooooo just a couple 

Matthews played right tackle in college, and Jenkins played center his final two years of college. Jordan played as an interior lineman in 2013-2014 when New Orleans was a 3-4 defense (with 20 sacks over that period). None of those players are out of position in any way that matters. I did flip Jackson and Zeitler though, I got their sides of the line mixed up.

Edited by Blue

27 minutes ago, Blue said:

Matthews played right tackle in college, and Jenkins played center his final two years of college. Jordan played as an interior lineman in 2013-2014 when New Orleans was a 3-4 defense (with 20 sacks over that period). None of those players are out of position in any way that matters. I did flip Jackson and Zeitler though, I got their sides of the line mixed up.

I disagree. But that’s ok. I don’t think the OL issues are that big of a deal. But Cam Jordan on the inside is a liability in my opinion. He’s been one of the best EDGE players in the league the least couple years so playing him out of position just makes no sense to me. 

Just now, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I disagree. But that’s ok. I don’t think the OL issues are that big of a deal. But Cam Jordan on the inside is a liability in my opinion. He’s been one of the best EDGE players in the league the least couple years so playing him out of position just makes no sense to me. 

Jordan posted a career-high (prior to this past season) 12.5 sacks at that position earlier in his career. He's not a liability in any way, shape, or form.

4 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

And Gabe Jackson has been the RG in Oakland for a while now. But again, I don’t think that’s a big issue. But still, they are technically out of position. 

Jackson spent his entire 52-game college career at left guard.

This is like saying Christian McCaffrey is out of position when he's lined up in the slot.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Jackson spent his entire 52-game college career at left guard.

This is like saying Christian McCaffrey is out of position when he's lined up in the slot.

No it’s not at all the same. Transitioning from the right to the left was done because he wasn’t an effect LG and a more effect RG where he can physically impose his run blocking ability. 

1 minute ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

No it’s not at all the same. Transitioning from the right to the left was done because he wasn’t an effect LG and a more effect RG where he can physically impose his run blocking ability. 

> claims Jackson wasn't an effective left guard

> Jackson played entire college career at left guard

Besides which, if I remember correctly, left guard typically gets help from the center on blocking assignments while right guard is left on his own. So that doesn't really make sense.

Edited by Blue

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Jordan posted a career-high (prior to this past season) 12.5 sacks at that position earlier in his career. He's not a liability in any way, shape, or form.

Gotcha so what he did 7 years ago in a different scheme matters to how he will perform now... gotcha. Forget the fact they transitioned from that because of their poor rush defense due to fact Cam Jordan would get mauled in double teams. Lol 

20 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Gotcha so what he did 7 years ago in a different scheme matters to how he will perform now... gotcha. Forget the fact they transitioned from that because of their poor rush defense due to fact Cam Jordan would get mauled in double teams. Lol 

Oh yeah, it was definitely Cam Jordan's fault their run defense was awful. Not the replacement-level linebackers.

By the way, the run defense improved by a whopping three yards per game after they switched to a 4-3 in 2015. I'll live with giving up an extra 48 rush yards over the course of a season.

19 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

So what? Who cares what he did 6 years ago in college. What did he do in the NFL.... oh that’s right GOT MOVED TO RG. Lol 

Josh Sitton moved from left guard to right in Green Bay the last couple years he was there. It has nothing to do with talent or ability to play there.

You should care because it shows he can play the position--and, in fact, it was his original position. If anything, he was moved out of position in the NFL. Jackson was also the left guard his first two seasons in Oakland, so he's really only played right guard for four seasons. I can't state why he was moved because it involves a player who could theoretically still be selected.

Edited by Blue