Favorite Redskin Moment?

Boarman1

When I was 6, my dad and I were watching a documentary on the Skins first Super Bowl

He taught me all the rules, how the game was played and introduced me to the Hogs

I was obsessed

Then the icing on the cake, John Riggins run to seal the game

I still have his picture hung up in my room

Even though I never saw it live, that moment is burned in my mind

Edited by Boarman1

88 Super Bowl, I was 8. My dad was out of town for work, and my mom was taping it for him. She let me stay up past my usual bed time to see the end of the game. I was crying after the Broncos went up 10-0, but after the 2nd quarter when the Redskins put up 35, I was ecstatic! I wouldn’t have been able to go to bed anyways even if my mom had made me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Boarman1 said:

When I was 6, my dad and I were watching a documentary on the Skins first Super Bowl

He taught me all the rules, how the game was played and introduced me to the Hogs

I was obsessed

Then the icing on the cake, John Riggins run to seal the game

I still have his picture hung up in my room

Even though I never saw it live, that moment is burned in my mind

I think you didn't mean to post the rest of your post that I left out. If so, you probably want to delete that part.

My favorite Redskin moment comes from a host of Redskin moments. 

It was probably the Super Bowl you mentioned. I actually watched it live and even now I can remember the anxiety I had back then (I was around 13 or 14 years old) when I saw them line up for what would be Riggins' iconic run.

Edge of my seat. 

We just need a first down.

Handoff...

Riggins left...

He bounces off a DB...

He's free!!!

He's behind them and they are chasing!

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

• Like 3

On 6/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, LoganF89 said:

Due to being born in 89 I didn’t get to see or remember the good ole days so I’m gonna have to say the Monday night miracle against Dallas when moss torched em deep in the last 4 minutes for the comeback win

Funny thing about that game. I had started a new job where I was doing a 2nd shift (monitoring the global network of a multinational company). So I worked a 2pm-11pm shift. My boss and his "second in command" were from Texas and HUGE Cowgirls fans. They would leave at 6pm and I was alone for the night in the building's global network command center. They sent me emails and texts the entire night just GLOATING about how badly the Cowgirls were beating us (they were vicious about it too). I got lucky in that the guy who took the overnight shift came in about 45 minutes early. So I bribed him (with promise of Thai food for him for dinner the next night) to take over right then so I could get home and see the game. And again...it cannot be stated enough that my boss was just torturing me all game about how badly the Cowgirls were beating us. I raced home. Got home just in time to turn on the TV and see the first of the long bombs to Moss (I saw the Brunell scramble right before that when I turned on the TV - by the time I had cracked open a beverage we had scored). 

The next day, both of the guys who were giving me hell about how their team was beating our "butts", didn't come into work. They still wouldn't talk about the game for the next year I worked with them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Funny thing about that game. I had started a new job where I was doing a 2nd shift (monitoring the global network of a multinational company). So I worked a 2pm-11pm shift. My boss and his "second in command" were from Texas and HUGE Cowgirls fans. They would leave at 6pm and I was alone for the night in the building's global network command center. They sent me emails and texts the entire night just GLOATING about how badly the Cowgirls were beating us (they were vicious about it too). I got lucky in that the guy who took the overnight shift came in about 45 minutes early. So I bribed him (with promise of Thai food for him for dinner the next night) to take over right then so I could get home and see the game. MAnd again...it cannot be stated enough that my boss was just torturing me all game about how badly the Cowgirls were beating us. I raced home. Got home just in time to turn on the TV and see the first of the long bombs to Moss (I saw the Brunell scramble right before that when I turned on the TV - by the time I had cracked open a beverage we had scored). 

The next day, both of the guys who were giving me hell about how their team was beating our "butts", didn't come into work. They still wouldn't talk about the game for the next year I worked with them.

Hahaha that’s awesome! Yeah I just turned 31 today so I never got to witness or remember the glory days so my list is

1. Monday night Miracle

2. Novak’s game winning FG

3 You Like That game

4. 35-7 win at home against Dallas, I was there, sacked Bledsoe like 8 times

5. RG3s 1st game against saints

• Like 4

21 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Hahaha that’s awesome! Yeah I just turned 31 today so I never got to witness or remember the glory days so my list is

1. Monday night Miracle

3 You Like That game

Well, Happy Birthday Logan! 🎉🎈🎂🎊🎁 

I turned 41 a month ago. So, the 88 Super Bowl was the first one I remember. I was 12 when we had the 14-2 season in 1991-92 won the Super Bowl and man, we were rolling so well that season that I honestly never thought that would end.

It’s too bad Rypien hurt his knee the following year, or was that in 1993?

Then, some of the older players retired or ended up leaving in free agency in 1993 and of course Gibbs retired. If Gibbs hadn’t retired, I imagine we would have been better in the mid & late 90s, but for a few years we were hamstrung by poor drafts, poor free agency decisions and poor trades by Casserly. Maybe if Gibbs hadn’t retired that doesn’t happen the same, but it probably still would have.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well, Happy Birthday Logan! 🎉🎈🎂🎊🎁 

I turned 41 a month ago. So, the 88 Super Bowl was the first one I remember. I was 12 when we had the 14-2 season on 1991-92, and man, we were rolling so well that season that I honestly never thought that would end. It’s too bad Rypien hurt his knee, some of the older players retired or ended up leaving in free agency in 1993 and of course Gibbs retired. If Gibbs hadn’t retired, I imagine we would have been better in the mid & late 90s, but for a few years we were hamstrung by poor drafts, poor free agency decisions and poor trades by Casserly. Maybe if Gibbs hadn’t retired that doesn’t happen the same, but it probably still would have.

Thanks man!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 11:40 PM, LoganF89 said:

1. Monday night Miracle

3 You Like That game

Darn. Missed your birthday. Happy Birthday!

1- Watching the Dallas game with my pops when RG and Alfred DHall London and Ryan were all playing out of their minds to get into the playoffs even on one leg.

2- RG Vikings game. Was there when Minnesota took the lead late when we got the ball I just kept saying 10’s got us and all I see is him scampering down the sideline that was a really special one.

when we beat the Giants and ravens I was at these games Fed Ex for the first time sounded like my parents talking about RFK. 2012 for all its magic for all the picks for the way it played out who cares that one year was I think the only other time I looked at our staff having Kyle waiting in the winds what he and McVay could have done could have been awesome.

But I’m actually most excited about this group. I’m always a optimist but I actually believe in this staff and I think we surprise people by years end. It’s a stretch a lot would have to go right but if we can have predictable coaches who don’t place players in a position to excel have players flash. I do think under this staff they will thrive being used to their strength not just placed in a set position because we have very diverse players. We’ve seen games where we’ve clicked for a half. Imagine these players believing in their coaches and teamates we could be dangerous. What’s on paper is on paper; but games aren’t won on paper. We have talent and a coach that I believe they will put it on the line for.

Only 30 so haven’t had much great outside of Gibbs flash runs and the RG and Kirk seasons. But I do believe in this group. I know it’s not a popular thing to do as a Redskins fan but these young guys can play ball. I don’t think we’ve seen anything close to this rosters potential maybe outside of the Panthers last year. I trust Ron and Kyle. I believe this roster is being highly slept on regardless of where we pick by the end of this year I think we will all see this team is headed in the right direction. I think we’re a tougher out then we want to say because we’re used to mediocrity. But I think were heading in a different direction this time and with Snyder as the owner

• Like 1

@ripsean21 I’m hopeful that is the case but, at this point that’s it. I don’t really believe it yet. I still think this is a 4 to 6 win team but, if Haskins plays well, our running game is great, our DL is great and our back 7 on D is serviceable we could shock the world and be a playoff contender.

I don’t expect that this year, I expect that next year, but anything is possible.

• Like 1

I've been a fan in pretty lean years.  The moment that sticks out to me the most was attending the game against the Bills after Sean Taylor's passing.  

For me, just going to games with my dad and uncle over the years, and now being able to take friends of mine (some of them to their first game) are favorite moments of mine.  

• Like 1