Browns General Discussion

candyman93

People really forget that our defense wasn't necessarily that impressive in the 2H of last year. At least, not as impressive as stats would suggest. We benefited from playing some awful offenses. It's not like Woods came up with some great defensive game plans last year with the exception of like two games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What you fail to realize is any coach worth his salt isn't going to sit and watch the ship just sink, he is A) going to hold his coaches UNDER HIM accountable as well as his players, Stefanski has yet to do so. B) you are speaking as if Stefanski, Woods and Preifer are all on the same level, they aren't. Stefanski is afraid to have any type of hard conversation with anyone. C) Who is in charge of the players? The head coach, if you need to motivate them to play harder, you have pretty much lost them and they do not believe in you. If a guy does to believe in you the scheme, they will never give you 100%

On a side note, this is a great opportunity to find out who actually loves the game and who is out there collecting a paycheck.

I mean, you may be totally right, but how do you know what conversations are being had behind closed doors?

Now if Woods survives this season, that's 100% a terrible look for Stefanski. Just because Stefanski is generally a soft spoken dude doesn't mean he hasn't had serious talks with his staff.

Yesterday was the first game where it seemed like players just didn't give a ****. I hadn't noticed players not playing hard before that. Defensive and ST players doing dumb ****? Yes. Not trying? Not that I've noticed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

I mean, you may be totally right, but how do you know what conversations are being had behind closed doors?

Now if Woods survives this season, that's 100% a terrible look for Stefanski. Just because Stefanski is generally a soft spoken dude doesn't mean he hasn't had serious talks with his staff.

Yesterday was the first game where it seemed like players just didn't give a ****. I hadn't noticed players not playing hard before that. Defensive and ST players doing dumb ****? Yes. Not trying? Not that I've noticed.

-I don't know, but I can judge based off how our players respond to adverse situations 

-This is true, but if he did have those conversations and they have not responded, someone has to be held accountable and then if it continues, a coach has to be held responsible, if not, they all (coaches) need to go.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I do think people confuse measured when speaking with being passive.

Yelling doesn’t make you more inspiring.  Knowing what you’re doing inspires people to listen to hour tbh.

At least for some people anyway.  That rah rah, in your face Gregggg **** would have worn me out by day 2 of minicamp.  Buddy I’m an adult here, I’m not gonna be talked to like an ******* for no damned reason.  Use your words like a big boy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

People really forget that our defense wasn't necessarily that impressive in the 2H of last year. At least, not as impressive as stats would suggest. We benefited from playing some awful offenses. It's not like Woods came up with some great defensive game plans last year with the exception of like two games.

Bring in his mentor Wade Phillips as a consultant, do something. We cant just roll out the balls and expect us beat these elite teams just because.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-I don't know, but I can judge based off how our players respond to adverse situations 

-This is true, but if he did have those conversations and they have not responded, someone has to be held accountable and then if it continues, a coach has to be held responsible, if not, they all (coaches) need to go.

I think the bye week is the first real test for Stefanski. If Woods doesn’t show SOMETHING by then, and he’s still here, it’s not a good look.  I get waiting until the bye though.

Even then, he can’t be back next season unless the rest of this year is dynamite.

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

On a side note, this is a great opportunity to find out who actually loves the game and who is out there collecting a paycheck.

Absolutely great point. If there was ever a doubt before, Chubb loves the game. I think Anthony Walker loved the game. JOK gives great effort and tempo. DPJ showed flashes and Cooper looks like a pro. Wills was exposed a bit yesterday IMO, but maybe that’s just scheme and Judon related.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I do think people confuse measured when speaking with being passive.

Yelling doesn’t make you more inspiring.  Knowing what you’re doing inspires people to listen to hour tbh.

At least for some people anyway.  That rah rah, in your face Gregggg **** would have worn me out by day 2 of minicamp.  Buddy I’m an adult here, I’m not gonna be talked to like an ******* for no damned reason.  Use your words like a big boy.

No one suggested or said anything about yelling, that doesnt make sense. Its caring enough about your ship not to let guys who arent doing their job whether its coaches or players cause it to sink, its caring enough to speak up in whatever voice you have, its having courage enough to stand on what you believe in and not just let it slip away. 

• Like 1

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Idk what anyone will say but Gregg Williams would be a godsend to this team 

Idk man.  There’s a reason he’s never really stuck anywhere.  He’s a one trick pony and people tune him out after a while.

And just like woods he’s gonna run his system always. Square peg, round hole, doesn’t matter.  System>>>>>

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk man.  There’s a reason he’s never really stuck anywhere.  He’s a one trick pony and people tune him out after a while.

And just like woods he’s gonna run his system always. Square peg, round hole, doesn’t matter.  System>>>>>

I think he would be better than Woods and he would actually hold guys accountable for their actions. I don't think Woods gets after his guys like Williams would, at this point, it wouldn't hurt. (Though stuff like that never happens mid season)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At this point, the entire defense can get cut outside of Myles. 

Idgaf if they don’t want to be yelled at.

We might have the worst lockeroom culture in all of sports. Which really says something after last year with OBJ.

This is what happens when you just let kids do whatever they want and not hold them accountable.

F that. Threaten to take their livelihood away from them.

• Like 1