Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Posted (edited)

Expectations I have for the units, not including QB.

RB - I expect a 1000 yard season out of Chubb, but we will start to see a decline. Ford will be average and get maybe 400+ yards. Foreman will be “muscle” and Hines will be a special teams contributor.

WR - Cooper will do Cooper things. I think Jeudy will be more solid than people expect. Might not crack 1000 yards, but will be reliable. I have zero confidence any of the young guys break out. It’s a two man army this year.

TE - Njoku and that’s it. I expect him to build off of last year which was fantastic.

OL - This unit will struggle. No more Callahan, lack of depth, new system, and age catching up. Dawand Jones will be fantastic.

DL - With the exception of the secondary, this will be the best unit on the team. I’m VERY excited and optimistic to see what we get out of this group. I think Alex Wright will breakout from this group. I’m also very hesitant to say this, but I think Michael Hall could have an impact pending his legal issues. The only weakness is the lack of run defense at DT outside of Tomlinson. Myles will have his usual season.

LB - JOK will be our best player. Yes, I think he surpasses Myles and enters superstar territory. He will challenge Fred Warner as the best linebacker in the NFL. I think Hicks will just serve the Anthony Walker role of being a mentor. I think Devin Bush will be a decent contributor.

Secondary - Best in the NFL. I would take this unit as a whole against ANY team. Denzel and MJ are some of the absolute best in the NFL. Grant Delpit is a pro bowl caliber safety, who flashed exceptional ability. Juan Thornhill is a steady veteran presence. I really like the depth in this unit as well with a young pipeline.

Special teams - Great coach, clutch kicker, and maybe the best punter. Nothing but great things to say about this unit. Hopefully we learn quickly with the new kickoff.

Edited by candyman93

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s fair tbh.  That whole room is a complete question mark right now, but he seems to fit exactly what we want to do.

But he also hasn’t practiced or even participated in a football activity in over a year, I think they had hopes of what you’re saying and was worth taking the chance, bit idk if you can justify keeping him at this point

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This offense is going to be ugly to watch. Especially if the OTs don’t get healthy.

Hopefully we just cut bait with Marshmellow after this year.

People are going to realize very quickly just how great bill Callahan is. He isn’t replaceable. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Expectations I have for the units, not including QB.

RB - I expect a 1000 yard season out of Chubb, but we will start to see a decline. Ford will be average and get maybe 400+ yards. Foreman will be “muscle” and Hines will be a special teams contributor.

WR - Cooper will do Cooper things. I think Jeudy will be more solid than people expect. Might not crack 1000 yards, but will be reliable. I have zero confidence any of the young guys break out. It’s a two man army this year.

TE - Njoku and that’s it. I expect him to build off of last year which was fantastic.

OL - This unit will struggle. No more Callahan, lack of depth, new system, and age catching up. Dawand Jones will be fantastic.

DL - With the exception of the secondary, this will be the best unit on the team. I’m VERY excited and optimistic to see what we get out of this group. I think Alex Wright will breakout from this group. I’m also very hesitant to say this, but I think Michael Hall could have an impact pending his legal issues. The only weakness is the lack of run defense at DT outside of Tomlinson. Myles will have his usual season.

LB - JOK will be our best player. Yes, I think he surpasses Myles and enters superstar territory. He will challenge Fred Warner as the best linebacker in the NFL. I think Hicks will just serve the Anthony Walker role of being a mentor. I think Devin Bush will be a decent contributor.

Secondary - Best in the NFL. I would take this unit as a whole against ANY team. Denzel and MJ are some of the absolute best in the NFL. Grant Delpit is a pro bowl caliber safety, who flashed exceptional ability. Juan Thornhill is a steady veteran presence. I really like the depth in this unit as well with a young pipeline.

Special teams - Great coach, clutch kicker, and maybe the best punter. Nothing but great things to say about this unit. Hopefully we learn quickly with the new kickoff.

Well summed up and I agree with you. Especially at WR. Berry can’t draft them. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

People are going to realize very quickly just how great bill Callahan is. He isn’t replaceable. 

I think most of us already have realised it. OL is unfortunately about to be a problem. Day is son got that gig I was sad. Knew it was inevitable that Bill would soon follow 

11 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I think most of us already have realised it. OL is unfortunately about to be a problem. Day is son got that gig I was sad. Knew it was inevitable that Bill would soon follow 

Yeah I don’t think he was undervalued by anyone tbh 

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I don’t think he was undervalued by anyone tbh 

Right. But there’s about to be a big drop off. Callahan was able to get lineman off the street to come in and be decent. Dickinson isn’t going to be able to do that. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Right. But there’s about to be a big drop off. Callahan was able to get lineman off the street to come in and be decent. Dickinson isn’t going to be able to do that. 

The crazy thing is that Dickinson is possibly a very good coach.

It’s just Callahan may be literally the GOAT.

I just read on BrownsWire that we are in trade conversations with multiple teams on DTR. Said likely looking for TE/OL help. That would be great. I like Huntley more and if we are ever down to a 3rd string situation again, you’re screwed anyway.

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I just read on BrownsWire that we are in trade conversations with multiple teams on DTR. Said likely looking for TE/OL help. That would be great. I like Huntley more and if we are ever down to a 3rd string situation again, you’re screwed anyway.

The interesting thing is that teams are calling us

• Like 1

DTR has great physical tools, I just don’t think he’s the type of QB Stefanski wants.

I think Stef truly wants the Winston / Flacco mold. He wants the big bodied / strong arm QB who’s a pocket passer. Some semblance of scrambling ability is nice.