Browns General Discussion

candyman93

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think I found the reason

I always found the better talent I had, the better coach I was. Bluntly our pass catching room outside of Coop and Njoku sucks.

Funny how that works, right?

you’re right though.  Cooper is a legit #1 and I think the combination of Bell/Tillman/Thrash can be a very solid 4-6 (which IS important to have), but we’ve definitely struggled at finding legit second and third options to complement Cooper.  

Hopefully Jeudy can be that guy across from him this year and perhaps Moore looks better if he can get bumped into the slot.  I felt Moore was woefully misused last season, in part I’m sure due to surrounding talent.

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t fully understand how this works but I’m sure it’s going to eventually hurt us 

It’s banking on the salary cap always going up.

The Saints got crushed because of COVID taking a dump on revenue.

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t fully understand how this works but I’m sure it’s going to eventually hurt us 

I think it’s just a situation where if this doesn’t work we’re gonna need to sorta reboot the roster as a whole as other talent will be aging and the cap gets sorted out over a year or two during to rebuild.

If it does work you run it till the wheels fall off.

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Funny how that works, right?

Imagine being Stump and losing your job because Nick Chubb got hurt and Ford and Hunt couldn’t fill the void behind your 6th and 7th best OT with a 4th string quarterback.

you’re right though.  Cooper is a legit #1 and I think the combination of Bell/Tillman/Thrash can be a very solid 4-6 (which IS important to have), but we’ve definitely struggled at finding legit second and third options to complement Cooper.  

Moore underachieved in NY and he’s done the same here. Funny how that works when people demand player development.

Hopefully Jeudy can be that guy across from him this year and perhaps Moore looks better if he can get bumped into the slot.  I felt Moore was woefully misused last season, in part I’m sure due to surrounding talent.

Maybe Jeudy can be a guy he hasn’t been 4-5 years into his career. We need him to be and are paying him accordingly. Money would have been better spent with Coop extension there but what’s done is done.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They must be a whole lot more confident in him than I am.

Confident, or knowing if it fails you’re gone either way? He has to go all in because he already has.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Imagine being Stump and losing your job because Nick Chubb got hurt and Ford and Hunt couldn’t fill the void behind your 6th and 7th best OT with a 4th string quarterback.

You’re not wrong, but at the same time if no one is poaching your staff after 4 years, maybe it’s time for some new ideas.  Someone tweeted that at the end of the year and I pretty much agree.  Not that he did a bad job per se.

Moore underachieved in NY and he’s done the same here. Funny how that works when people demand player development.

yeah, but to me he’s a slot with the speed to push safeties deep, not a boundary receiver or Deebo.

Maybe Jeudy can be a guy he hasn’t been 4-5 years into his career. We need him to be and are paying him accordingly. Money would have been better spent with Coop extension there but what’s done is done.

I mean, Njoku was in this exact situation.  Jeudy is still just 24.  I’m just saying I’ve seen crazier things than a guy playing better once they hit their prime.

Cooper is great, but he’s 30.  I’d like to see him here next year though, that’s for sure.  

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They must be a whole lot more confident in him than I am.

We were 58 million over for next year. Now we will be like 9 million over with the carry over. He was the only player we could restructure and get more than a few million according to otc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We were 58 million over for next year. Now we will be like 9 million over with the carry over. He was the only player we could restructure and get more than a few million according to otc.

There’s that too I suppose lol