The Runners Thread

UKTexans

Bought new shoes on Saturday. I estimate I had over 700 miles on my old ones. They were very noticeably worn but still felt good and comfortable. 

Friend wants me to run a half with him on the 4th. I haven't ran that distance since my half one month ago. Since then, I've maybe ran 10 miles per week. Would that count as running untrained? 

22 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Friend wants me to run a half with him on the 4th. I haven't ran that distance since my half one month ago. Since then, I've maybe ran 10 miles per week. Would that count as running untrained? 

It's not ideal, but for that distance it should be fine. I don't think you will have lost too much in that month. Especially if you have still been training some over that time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kempus said:

Signed up for the Singapore marathon at the end of November. It's a night marathon around Singapores downtown. It should be spectacular.

That sounds amazing, 2020 goal :P 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

In my second week of training for my third year of running a may half marathon. I was not kind to my body in the recently in. Maintained about 10 miles a week in that time but gained handful of weight for a lot of reasons that ultimately boil down to accountability and personal responsibility. Hoping training can get me motivated to eat better, especially since I know that eating poorly the day of/before a run makes me miserable. I don't know if aiming for a PR this year is a reasonable goal but I'm still going to try I think.

Also got talked into signing up for one in Vegas in November. 

Gonna make it my goal to explore more trails around the city this year instead of my usual one or just long running on the treadmill. 

50 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

In my second week of training for my third year of running a may half marathon. I was not kind to my body in the recently in. Maintained about 10 miles a week in that time but gained handful of weight for a lot of reasons that ultimately boil down to accountability and personal responsibility. Hoping training can get me motivated to eat better, especially since I know that eating poorly the day of/before a run makes me miserable. I don't know if aiming for a PR this year is a reasonable goal but I'm still going to try I think.

Also got talked into signing up for one in Vegas in November. 

Gonna make it my goal to explore more trails around the city this year instead of my usual one or just long running on the treadmill. 

My struggles with weight usually resulted from the hunger spike after long runs (day of and day after are the worst).

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Oh no I never use any of that.

You may want to intake something (can be real food too if you don't like the idea of the gels or chews) to replenish during your run so that you aren't going into as much of a starvation mode. Staying more even in hunger may prevent the post-run over eating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 11:48 AM, skywindO2 said:

My race just got postponed to August. 

It was to be expected though, with the CDC having that no large gatherings for 8 weeks warning last night. My race was on the weekend of the 8th week.

No news on my marathon yet in the beginning of May, but I expect it to be delayed or cancelled. If it is delayed, this would be a good time for my wife to take a break and get healthy with her IT band bothering her.