• Tampa Bay
    • Buffalo
    • Philadelphia
    • Seattle
    • LAC
    • LAR
    • Other (specify)

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Dem Hot Boyz got it this year bro. No doubt about it!!! CeeDee Lamb man how can they fail!?!?

I like McCarthy taking over at the helm...My only concern might be him playing it overly conservative (ala Jason Garrett)....This and Dak Prescott not getting his contract....Hard to say how that will affect his play...I see Mahomes just got a 10 year, $400 million extension...

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

On 7/5/2020 at 1:14 PM, Forge said:

If Ben can still be Ben, I feel like Pitt is being massively slept on. That's a good roster 

I think it’s a clearly inferior roster than they had 3-4 years ago tbh

Oline is weaker, Ben is older coming off an injury, and they went from AB+Bell to James Conner+Juju as the main skill players.

Defense is better than it was 3-4 years ago, but I think - at absolute best - you can look at that team right now and say they’re slightly worse off from a talent perspective than a few years back to MAYBE...maybe, even. 

You may think they’re being slept on, but they don’t belong in contention for the answer to this thread IMO. Pretty comfortably so.

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I think it’s a clearly inferior roster than they had 3-4 years ago tbh

Oline is weaker, Ben is older coming off an injury, and they went from AB+Bell to James Conner+Juju as the main skill players.

Defense is better than it was 3-4 years ago, but I think - at absolute best - you can look at that team right now and say they’re slightly worse off from a talent perspective than a few years back to MAYBE...maybe, even. 

You may think they’re being slept on, but they don’t belong in contention for the answer to this thread IMO. Pretty comfortably so.

I mean, Cleveland, the Chargers, Minnesota, Buffalo, the Rams and Seattle are all poll options...

Just now, Forge said:

I mean, Cleveland, the Chargers, Minnesota, Buffalo, the Rams and Seattle are all poll options...

Had to stop the poll options at some point, obviously, but like the Steelers, I don’t really think anyone would consider any of those rosters the answer to this question imo

• Like 1

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Had to stop the poll options at some point, obviously, but like the Steelers, I don’t really think anyone would consider any of those rosters the answer to this question imo

You could have stopped it at 4...It's not like the requirement is that it contain 10 teams

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You could have stopped it at 4...It's not like the requirement is that it contain 10 teams

Yeah idk what to tell you because I didn’t make the poll but the Steelers - along with some of the teams you listed - clearly aren’t the most talented roster in the league imo so 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by Ray Reed

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah idk what to tell you because I didn’t make the poll but the Steelers - along with some of the teams you listed - clearly aren’t the most talented roster in the league imo so 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Oh, did someone say that Pittsburgh was the most talented roster in the league? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Oh, did someone say that Pittsburgh was the most talented roster in the league? 

?

Dont think so, lol, was just giving my 2c as to why the Steelers may not be “massively slept on” and a part of the thread 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I could/should have, but I guarantee people would moan about why X team isn't there, even if they wouldn't vote for them. I created a best CB poll fairly recently, and people complained why (can't remember who, maybe Howard or Jones) wasn't there, whilst voting for Gilmore. It's a hard crowd to please :) that said, you ARE right, if I got the LA teams I should have Pitts there. 

On 7/5/2020 at 1:40 PM, wackywabbit said:

Going by "stars"

Mahomes
Tyreek Hill
Sammy Watkins
Travis Kelce
Mitchell Schwartz (as part of one of the best O-lines)

Chris Jones
Frank Clark
Tyrann Mathieu

Sammy Watkins isn't really a star when he basically had to take a pay cut to stay on the team.

Has to be Indianapolis, IMO. Overall they don't really have any holes. They have plenty of depth, too. 

But when you think about it, they have probably the best offensive line in the NFL.

They have an insane RB room. It's absolutely stacked with Jonathan Taylor, Marlon Mack, Nyheim Hines, and even Jordan Wilkins who has shown flashes.

They have Philip Rivers, and while Brissett isn't the guy on any team, they have a couple young, interesting prospects as developmental QBs in Swag Kelly and Jacob Eason.

At WR, they have a very balanced group. TY is one of the best deep threats in the league, Parris Campbell is a nightmare in the short game, and Michael Pittman is a do-it-all WR.

They have several solid TEs in Jack Doyle, Trey Burton, and Mo Alie-Cox.

They have a solid edge rush with Justin Houston, who's still playing some excellent football, a young guy with plenty of potential in Ben Banogu, and the steady Kemoko Turay. DeForest Buckner is coming in as an excellent interior presence.

Darius Leonard is already arguably the best Mike in the NFL, and Anthony Walker has been very reliable next to him. Bobby Okereke is a promising young missile.

Their secondary is balanced with Kenny Moore, one of the best slot guys in the league, Rock Ya Sin, who is coming off a really promising season, and then a couple vets who are perfect scheme fits in Xavier Rhodes and TJ Carrie. Malik Hooker and Khari Willis are very solid at safety, and Hooker still has potential to be dominant.

Their roster is the best IMO.