Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

23 minutes ago, swoosh said:
24 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Malf put the 0-3 ButtMunchers ahead of you in the power rankings. Prove him wrong 

cold blooded malf

Buffalo is used to being the scappy underdog nobody respects

bbb has a Rudy storyline brewing

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Facing a team that isn't utterly dominant up front defensively make Arizona look a lot better. Still, losing their top two backs right as they got rolling sucks, and they weren't scaring anybody even before that. 

Ya know, I've faced the league's #1 defense in yards allowed (NE) and still have gained the most yards out of any team. I've also allowed the second-fewest yards out of any team. Gimme some respect.

17 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Ya know, I've faced the league's #1 defense in yards allowed (NE) and still have gained the most yards out of any team. I've also allowed the second-fewest yards out of any team. Gimme some respect.

make me >:(

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

srsly tho you've beaten two winless teams, one in overtime, and NE is only 7th in PPG allowed. Not a terribly impressive resume.

On the other hand, Atlanta is averaging 34.7 PPG, Denver is allowing 9.7 PPG (but only if you include the safety), and Oakland is t-3rd in PPG but still losing by an average of 7.4 points. This league is weird.

Week 4 previews because I'm tired but can't sleep!

DEN at ARI: Coming off a dominant win over the Packers, Denver's defensive front looks to feast on Arizona's soft line. This could either get ugly or solidify Arizona as a contender instead of fighting for a wild card. What a great Thursday night teaser.

SF at NO: The worst offense in Tecmo could use this as a springboard to get themselves back on track against a severely underperforming defense. On the other side, if Kyler Murray can't move the ball against the second-worst defense in Tecmo, we should really call for Malfatron to set Hundley as the starting quarterback.

PIT at WAS: Washington is losing by almost 10 points per game. Pittsburgh has the second-worst scoring offense in the league. Something has to give here. Neither team really has anything to play for in the grand scheme of things besides pride.

CLE at ATL: Potentially the game of the week as two second-tier contenders jockey for playoff seeding. It's a classic strength vs. strength matchup as the 3rd-best scoring defense battles the top offense. The Atlanta defense badly needs to step up going forward and this would be a good time to start doing that.

TB at LA: Tampa is t-4th in scoring defense and LA is third-worst in scoring offense. Like what else do you need to know. Burrow needs to start playing more consistent ball going forward to become a Tecmo Bowl contender.

GB at HOU: Green Bay beat up on two hapless teams while getting wrecked by Denver. Houston has struggled mightily in the redzone and passing in general, but they're still the No. 2 scoring offense with a dominant front seven defensively. This is a game that will determine playoff seeding.

NE at BUF: Both teams need this to prove they belong in the playoff discussion. Both teams are getting the job done week-to-week without looking anywhere near dominant. One team will leave this game squarely in the wild card shuffle, the other will have a lot of work ahead of them.

OAK at NY: Yet another strength-on-strength matchup as one of the league's top offenses faces the No. 6 scoring defense. Can the all-or-nothing Jets offense take advantage of the give-no-resistance Oakland defense? Probably, and NY needs wins against teams like this to stay in the playoff hunt. Losing here could put them way behind the ball after losing to Buffalo last week.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 2