Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

2 hours ago, swoosh said:

doctors need to work their magic. the winner of this matchup is by all extents and purposes a lock to get the bye. 

You don’t need Wilson. Have you seen my team the last two weeks? You’d win with Malf as your QB. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Texans are a better team with Hurts

they're an interesting team. they're 3rd in points differential (only 5 points behind you), but have 4 losses. they lost to us by a combined 35 points. still not a team I'd want to face in the playoffs with how many points they can put up. 

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, swoosh said:

they're an interesting team. they're 3rd in points differential (only 5 points behind you), but have 4 losses. they lost to us by a combined 35 points. still not a team I'd want to face in the playoffs with how many points they can put up. 

I don’t want to face anyone in the playoffs. Rodgers has suddenly turned to sucking and my oline has regressed while my linebackers are just running by players. It’s like they just decided to sit out the rest of the season. 

Standings:

Likely 1 seed battle

1. @swoosh- Falcons - 10-2

2. @Counselor - Broncos - 10-2

currently have a playoff spot (didnt order with tiebreakers)

3. @bigbadbuff - Bills - 8-4

4. @Blue - Texans - 8-4

5. @Pickle Rick - Bucs - 8-4

6. @MWil23 - Browns - 7-5

7. @bcb1213 - Jets - 7-5

Still Alive:

@Deadpulse - Patriots - 6-6

@rackcs - Steelers - 5-7

squire12 - Packers - 5-7

@HoboRocket - Cardinals - 5-7

@The Orca - Rams - 5-7

@daboyle250 - Buttmunchers - 5-7

Done:

@Dome - Saints - 3-9

@TLO / @mission27- Raiders - 2-10

@Forge - 49ers - 2-10

BUF at OAK: An opening-play 84 yard touchdown pass to Greg Olsen does not bode well for the Bills. Neither did losing a fumble on their own opening play, wiping out a long gain. Guice came through with some clutch runs to put the Raiders in scoring position, even as Aaron Donald sacked Tom Brady every other pass play and leading to a Brady injury again. Tyler Lockett ended up carrying the Raiders to a lead with some huge touchdown catch-and-runs late in the game. Ryan Griffin's incredible game-saving pass to Steven Sims, despite getting snowed under a half-dozen defenders, was a Tecmo play for the ages.

NY at LA: LA largely stifled the New York running game, forcing Ben to air it out with pretty good success. Lamar Jackson meanwhile continues to carry the Los Angeles offense almost on his own. Injuries struck the Rams hard here, not a good sign to finish their season. New York finally busted the game open in the 3rd quarter to continue their playoff push.

NE at GB: Both teams need this to keep up in the playoff race. Tight game with not a lot of breakout plays, just consistent movement down the field. This could have gone both ways deep into the fourth quarter, but a Stafford interception and big plays by the New England offense secured the win. New England needs a lot of help to get in the playoffs but it's still possible.

ATL at WAS: Things went badly for Washington right off the bat with turnovers on each of their first two drives. Geno Smith was never this good in real life, but I guess he even he couldn't screw up with skill players like this, especially when no one covers them. Washington just couldn't get enough stops to give Mahomes more chances to score, and three turnovers by the offense killed any chance they had even when they got the ball.

CLE at TB: No Josh Jacobs again is killing this offense, but so is having 3 of your first 4 plays picked. This game felt over once Cleveland took a two touchdown lead in the second quarter, especially as they harassed Joe Burrow defensively. A methodical 3rd quarter drive by the Browns put them up 11 going into the 4th until a quarter-ending TD by the Bucs. The 4th quarter was just an implosion for the Browns as their defense failed to hold back the Tampa Bay offense and Zeke Elliott on top of an untimely fumble. Just a really devastating collapse for the Browns in their pursuit of a playoff spot.

DEN at NO: Some surprising protection issues early put Rodgers off his game, allowing the Saints to hold on to a lead for a while. Still, Kyler Murray is the worst QB in Tecmo and totally wrecked his own offense with bad decisions and standing like a statue in the pocket. The speed of KJ Hamler broke this game open in the 4th and allowed Denver to sneak out of the Bayou with a win.

PIT at SF: In a desperate playoff hunt two games back from New York and Cleveland, Pittsburgh desperately needs this win to keep their hopes alive. Ending your first drive with a 3rd and 31 is not the greatest start. This game featured a rare three turnovers in two plays (yes, you read that correctly) resulting in a score. The San Fran upset here was big and practically ends Pittsburgh's playoff dreams.

HOU at ARI: My God, where to start? Jalen Hurts saved the season with a lights-out first half performance; the second half was significantly more messy as Arizona somehow picked Houston's play around 6-7 times out of 8 plays at one point. Arizona's offensive line and punter continue to be big issues. Isaiah Simmons got on the stat sheet with a fumble recovery TD with 2 seconds left in the first half. Cam Heyward was an absolute wrecking ball that put Arizona's offense in tough spots all game long.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, swoosh said:

It basically comes down to whether our D-line can get in the backfield or not. It's been a trend in all four losses.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

ATL at WAS: Things went badly for Washington right off the bat with turnovers on each of their first two drives. Geno Smith was never this good in real life, but I guess he even he couldn't screw up with skill players like this, especially when no one covers them. Washington just couldn't get enough stops to give Mahomes more chances to score, and three turnovers by the offense killed any chance they had even when they got the ball.

imagine a geno smith led team beating a patrick mahomes led team.

just imagine. 

• Like 1