Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It is but I have no clue what Vancouver is doing. Benning might be the worst GM in hockey at this point.

Weren't they one of the teams looking to hire Chia for a spot in the FO as well? God, that would be glorious with those two. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We'd get Ehlers for Butcher lmao

We need to put that offer out there (thought that would go to the Jets, not the Canucks lol)  Butcher holds some value in my opinion. His underlying metrics are pretty good (positive possession numbers even though the team was horrific last year, positive expected GF / GA when he's on the ice...even as bad as it was last year, he had a positive XGF v XGA of +9...Severson, in comparison, was a -6....thats a huge difference), and he took a considerable step forward with regards to the defensive responsibilities. A package of him + for a guy like Ehlers or Nylander I'd probably jump at. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

We need to put that offer out there (thought that would go to the Jets, not the Canucks lol)  Butcher holds some value in my opinion. His underlying metrics are pretty good (positive possession numbers even though the team was horrific last year, positive expected GF / GA when he's on the ice...even as bad as it was last year, he had a positive XGF v XGA of +9...Severson, in comparison, was a -6....thats a huge difference), and he took a considerable step forward with regards to the defensive responsibilities. A package of him + for a guy like Ehlers or Nylander I'd probably jump at. 

I don't know why I always confuse Vancouver and Winnipeg lol

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Forge said:

Milan Lucic for James Neal. 

I am glad that I have lived long enough to see this. 

Not the biggest fan of this as a Calgary fan. I have connections with the franchise and have heard Neal is a big issue in the locker room, so I can understand it from that point of view. Also we save money with EDM retaining some of his salary, but still Neal should be better than Lucic. We finally addressed our need for an enforcer, but it's a damn expensive one.

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nashville gave Colton Sissons 7 years/$20 Million

Term to bottom six players is pure lunacy

What in the world. Like, how do you even justify that? He had a career high 30 points last year at 25 years old. Do they really think so little of their farm system and drafting abilities that they didn't think that they could replace Sissons with a guy on his ELC at some point over the next 7 years? lol. I seriously don't even know how this was ever discussed. He's a perfectly acceptable bottom 6 type, but that's pretty much it. I could actually understand this to a degree if he was a 21 year old coming off that season and you thought that there may be untapped potential. That is not really the case here. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

What in the world. Like, how do you even justify that? He had a career high 30 points last year at 25 years old. Do they really think so little of their farm system and drafting abilities that they didn't think that they could replace Sissons with a guy on his ELC at some point over the next 7 years? lol. I seriously don't even know how this was ever discussed. He's a perfectly acceptable bottom 6 type, but that's pretty much it. I could actually understand this to a degree if he was a 21 year old coming off that season and you thought that there may be untapped potential. That is not really the case here. 

Yeah, this is a deal that completely baffled me.