Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That contract isn't even bad? 6M for a top 5 goalie is great. Josh freaking Anderson is getting paid more lol. Markstrom is an incredible signing. 

What do the Oilers plan on doing in net? Lost on Markstrom, Holtby is gone, Greise, Crawford. This was a huge G class and they are all but gone. I imagine a Kuemper trade? 

That's where I'm leaning as well. It'll be steep, but he's damn good. I suppose raanta is an option as well if they want to go cheaper

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That contract isn't even bad? 6M for a top 5 goalie is great. Josh freaking Anderson is getting paid more lol. Markstrom is an incredible signing. 

What do the Oilers plan on doing in net? Lost on Markstrom, Holtby is gone, Greise, Crawford. This was a huge G class and they are all but gone. I imagine a Kuemper trade?

It doesn't bother you that Markstrom has had 1 year with a sv% > 0.915 as a starter? Heck lets even use the 15-16 when he started 32 games as 2 years with a sv% >0.915. Markstrom isn't an incredible signing. He's been a great goaltender, but most studies show that goaltender decline is VERY noticeable after 30. I just don't like the risk of having a 6M albatross on the books for likely 3 years down the road.

For the Oilers it's going to be trade. Raanta, Keumper, Mrazek, Reimer, heck maybe even a Toronto goalie. Adam Larsson is probably being traded, and Russell if we can get him to waive his NTC. I don't think Holland is done for us yet.

Also Oilers signed Tyson Barrie to a 1 year $4M deal.

Very VERY happy with that signing. With Klefbom out likely the year, we needed someone to QB the PP for a year, where Barrie should thrive. I also think he'll be better under Tippett. Oilers also needed more puck moving and D-man who can carry the puck out from the backend and Barrie does that for us. Perfect stop gap to bridge us until Bouchard is ready for consistent NHL minutes.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

@Canadian Saint

you got Barrie for 1 year 4m. I don't much care for him as a player, but that's an awesome deal for you guys 

Holland is just serving up low risk medium reward deals here.

Barrie + Turris + Ennis < 7M. It's around 8.5M if you cound Pulju.

Now get me a goalie (steal Ingram from Nashville Kenneth!) and maybe a LHD.

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Literally the only Canadian team that's played free agency smart.

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Yeah, you have to get a goalie here, or it's all for naught. 

Its crazy that you'll be able to dump Russell and replace him with Barrie ostensibly for the same price lol

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Markstrom is going to fall off a cliff AND he got a complete NMC. He's good but term and a NMC? Yeah, that's gonna look brutal at the end.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, you have to get a goalie here, or it's all for naught. 

Its crazy that you'll be able to dump Russell and replace him with Barrie ostensibly for the same price lol

I'm honestly really happy to try get Connor Ingram from the Preds. Even via offersheet if possible. I think that guy is in line to be a starting goalie and with Preds taking Askarov, having Saros and Rinne in net, opportunity is there.

I'd rather have him than bloody Dell.