Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 minute ago, TwoToneBlue said:

A big part of why the  Jackets moved him was because this was our second time not coming to a contract agreement. 

Well you guys made out like bandits if that's the deal he wanted. Holy hell. Give up Domi and a 3rd just to give Anderson 5.5x7

Just now, Forge said:

He was jealous over the contract Toronto gave clarkson all those years ago. Wanted to match it

Just brutal. I would never want to be the GM of a Canadian hockey team. Just a ridiculous amount of pressure to win and no patience whatsoever from their fans. Forces their hands to do stupid ish like this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

What's the talk about cbj? They trying to snag a big time free agent

Seems that way with the amount of cap we have cleared today. Popular names are Hall, Gadreau, Laine. 
Jarmo is up to something. Hopefully something happens or the Nuti trade would be a disappointment. 
I think we may move another defenseman as well - Murray or Savard. 

Edited by TwoToneBlue

6 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

So rumor has it that Vegas was close to dealing Patches on draft night. If the speculation is true, I wonder if they are going to try for Pie.

The hf buzz was that it was to you guys and he pulled ntc 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The guy I actually want us mcnabb, but he didn't help Vegas enough financially lol

We're desperate for a #1 LHD and Schmidt is capable of playing that at a very solid level. That's why he's appealing to me. Though, I'm all for setting my sights at NHL caliber dmen in general and it's pretty sad that I actually have to say that. 

Inb4 Dakota Mermis and Mirco Mueller are re-signed.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

We're desperate for a #1 LHD and Schmidt is capable of playing that at a very solid level. That's why he's appealing to me. Though, I'm all for setting my sights at NHL caliber dmen in general and it's pretty sad that I actually have to say that. 

Inb4 Dakota Mermis and Mirco Mueller are re-signed.

I like McNabb because he's a better, cheaper version of Dillon.