Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 hour ago, Shady Slim said:

@Livewire, who would have thought after all the drama among pens fans when vegas took fleury from us during the expansion draft, three years after we'd see murray getting traded for a prospect and a pick and vegas struggling to find a suitor to take flower off their hands!

I know right? 😄  It's crazy how quickly things can turn. Thanks to Murray for being a big part of the back to back Cups. The past few years we didn't see that confidence in net like he had in those first two years unfortunately. I thought Ottawa made a good trading partner with all the picks they had. Who knows where MAF will end up? A lot of goalies will be changing teams this offseason.

I'm just so happy that I never have to see Jack Johnson in the Penguin uniform ever again!!!  Rutherford said the Pens won't be active early in FA but will wait a little and see what is out there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

who’s this 

Toolsy winger that's never put it together. You guys will be the 4th team to take a chance on him already and he's only 22. Buffalo drafted him in the early 3rd, traded him to Carolina who traded him to Florida. 

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Toolsy winger that's never put it together. You guys will be the 4th team to take a chance on him already and he's only 22. Buffalo drafted him in the early 3rd, traded him to Carolina who traded him to Florida. 

Guarantee columbus is gearing up for a run at like hall

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They have a little over $9.6 million in true cap room. They still need to re-sign PLD and Gavrikov along with a handful of random RFA guys.

Dubinsky is ltir. He's never playing again. That's another 6. 

Gavrikov can't be os, and I don't think he has arb rights

Just now, beekay414 said:

So ~$15 Million to get PLD, Gavrikov, a few RFAs (probably in the $700k-$900k range) and Hall done.

Yep, not hard. Especially is dubois bridges. May make a move on savard still, but they are targeting big time wingers if they can

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So their owner is good with spending to the cap?

Haven't heard anything otherwise specifically like I have for us from Cordell. They cut coaches bonus during playoffs, so possible, but did not cut pay

Dubinsky is covered by insurance. Not sure how the rest of their guys are paid. Real dollars issue more than cap

• Like 1