Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Eichel to CBJ? Detroit? LA? Ottawa?

LA or Ottawa considering their prospect pools and need for a C, Ottawa especially. I don't think Columbus has the assets unless Buffalo is dumb enough to trade for Seth Jones as part of the return.

There’s definitely some momentum with Rick Tocchet and Seattle, but no indication a final decision’s been made. Had to wonder if Francis would want to talk to old friend Paul Maurice, but the Jets indicated their coach is returning. I was one of those people who thought, before this season, that maybe Joel Quenneville would end up in the Emerald City, but no idea how that could be possible after the terrific season Florida had. And, if something was going on there, we’d probably be hearing about people interviewing with the Panthers.

From 31 Thoughts

Don't do it, Seattle.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Just realized it could be Reinhart too

Reinhart won't bring back a top 10 pick, even in a draft like this. Reinhart is going to be another mid-to-late 1st + B prospect. With Reinhart being a UFA in one year, he'll have a big say in where he ends up (Oilers please and thank you).

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

LA or Ottawa considering their prospect pools and need for a C, Ottawa especially. I don't think Columbus has the assets unless Buffalo is dumb enough to trade for Seth Jones as part of the return.

Would Eichel be happy at Ottawa? I have my doubts tbh. I think LA would be a good fit, for me however, I don't see why they are rushing it. They are stacked prospect wise, and have the vets.

Detroit is interesting for me. They are closing in on finishing their rebuild, and they have some interesting prospects plus a top 10 pick. Could be a piece that turns them into playoff contenders sooner than later.

20 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Reinhart won't bring back a top 10 pick, even in a draft like this. Reinhart is going to be another mid-to-late 1st + B prospect. With Reinhart being a UFA in one year, he'll have a big say in where he ends up (Oilers please and thank you).

Kapanen got pick 15 last year + one of Pitts top prospects (though admittedly that prospect pool is not great. I could see a situation where he could land a bottom ten pick if he's traded after being locked up

• Like 1