Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just take this and run. The former first probably isn't great (maybe Pelletier, who I believe has been very underwhelming)  and Calgary doesnt have a great farm system so I probably wouldn't be overwhelmed with the prospects, but that is a legit offer with Tkachuk included. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Just take this and run. The former first probably isn't great (maybe Pelletier, who I believe has been very underwhelming)  and Calgary doesnt have a great farm system so I probably wouldn't be overwhelmed with the prospects, but that is a legit offer with Tkachuk included. 

Problem is, why would Tkachuk commit to a rebuild in his prime years in Buffalo?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Absolutely. Tkachuk is a RFA next year too so you still have his rights. Though, I'd bet that the Sabres don't want to take on anyone close to being paid.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, then they flip him for more assets. 

Right but you run into the same problem. With Eichel he had term left on his deal. Tkachuk is an RFA after this season. Not saying he has the power of a UFA, but if he wants out he can make life very difficult for the Sabres. Where then you water down his value further.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

Right but you run into the same problem. With Eichel he had term left on his deal. Tkachuk is an RFA after this season. Not saying he has the power of a UFA, but if he wants out he can make life very difficult for the Sabres. Where then you water down his value further.

Eh, I think he'd cooperate in a deal. Find a team that wants to sign him and work something out. 

Send him to Jersey. We'd 100% take him.