Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Carter Hutton shouldn't cost too much, right? Couple million?

We have Blackwood, Appleby, Lack and Cam Johnson (college signing outta UND) going forward outside of KK and Cory. So, no, not really.

I dunno, the FA market this year is filled with a bunch of mediocre guys, I could see someone paying a decent amount for what Hutton is doing this year. Kind of like Cam Talbot?

7 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I know KK hasn't been great and all but he's clearly a better option going forward than Cory is. 

In fairness, he's been phenomenal since mid Feb. I think he's something like 16-4 in his last 20 with a 930 save percentage. 

Just now, flyers0909 said:

I dunno, the FA market this year is filled with a bunch of mediocre guys, I could see someone paying a decent amount for what Hutton is doing this year. Kind of like Cam Talbot?

I'd probably do that deal with Cory's buyout. It's basically just Cory's contract again. If we buy him out, wouldn't he be a cap hit of $2 Million for like 8 years or something? Add the $4 Million per for Hutton and you basically get Cory's $6 Million.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

In fairness, he's been phenomenal since mid Feb. I think he's something like 16-4 in his last 20 with a 930 save percentage. 

Oh yeah. He's also a far better match for what we do now. He's waaaaaay more athletic than Cory is. Just no longer a good match now that we've changed our style of play.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I'd probably do that deal with Cory's buyout. It's basically just Cory's contract again. If we buy him out, wouldn't he be a cap hit of $2 Million for like 8 years or something? Add the $4 Million per for Hutton and you basically get Cory's $6 Million.

Do you know what our space looks like?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Do you know what our space looks like?

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/devils

Almost $21 Million and I wouldn't expect any significant contracts thrown out for current roster guys unless we try to bring back Grabner and Maroon. Coleman, Wood, Noesen are RFAs and John Moore is a free agent but I really, really don't want him back.

Since December 29, Corey Schneider:

0 wins, 12 losses. Never posted a save percentage higher than .900, and that was one game. Never given up less than 3 goals, and has given up 5/4 or more 7 out of 12 games

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Since December 29, Corey Schneider:

0 wins, 12 losses. Never posted a save percentage higher than .900, and that was one game. Never given up less than 3 goals, and has given up 5/4 or more 7 out of 12 games

Good lord. I knew it was bad but that's just unacceptable. We buy him out, it saves $4 million in cap space this year but he's on the book for $2 Million a year til 2025. 

Still, I probably do it and use that cap savings for another goalie. It's really not added money on the current cap...

8 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/devils

Almost $21 Million and I wouldn't expect any significant contracts thrown out for current roster guys unless we try to bring back Grabner and Maroon. Coleman, Wood, Noesen are RFAs and John Moore is a free agent but I really, really don't want him back.

We need to add a defensive presence for sure. I'm not sure how I feel about grabner. He's been somewhat disappointing, but I like his stickwork and speed, and helps make the pk dangerous with Coleman. Maroon I'd definitely like back

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

We need to add a defensive presence for sure. I'm not sure how I feel about grabner. He's been somewhat disappointing, but I like his stickwork and speed, and helps make the pk dangerous with Coleman. Maroon I'd definitely like back

We'd likely have to acquire a defensive presence via trade IMO. Not sure Carlson will sign with us and he's really not the type of Dman we need (he's a RHD) and he's really the only notable Dman on the market.

I'd rather just go sign Carter Hutton and make a huge push for Tavares. I know it won't happen but why the hell not go after him? Screw trying to stop people all the time. Let's just outscore them. xD