Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

7 hours ago, mse326 said:

Went to the Phillies game tonight. So glad I did. Great pitching performance, fireworks, and didn't have to see this happen in real time. 

This is the worst part.  Like if they truly think Jett is the talent to take at #13 then fine, but not taking someone because of Cam York (fine player), Drysdale (always hurt) and Andrae (4 NHL games), is a completely broken process.  When York was drafted the D of the future was Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, Hagg, Myers and we know how that turned out.  They have no idea what the team will look like when Buium is in his prime.  Dumb dumb dumb

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

This is the worst part.  Like if they truly think Jett is the talent to take at #13 then fine, but not taking someone because of Cam York (fine player), Drysdale (always hurt) and Andrae (4 NHL games), is a completely broken process.  When York was drafted the D of the future was Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, Hagg, Myers and we know how that turned out.  They have no idea what the team will look like when Buium is in his prime.  Dumb dumb dumb

I have no doubt that this is the same reason zeev isn't a devil as well. 

Hockey people crack me up

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

Silyaev is a perfectly acceptable pick though. And I don't think it is clear which of them is the better defenseman overall. I would have no problems passing on him Silyaev. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Sure but we passed on Buium for someone that's 18 and could feasibly, if needed, step into the NHL from day one and play a bottom 6, role and that's just his floor right now. His ceiling is immense and he's something we flat out do not have. Nemec offers a similar toolset to Buium, so I get being more enticed by Silayev. 

If we passed on Buium for, say, Nygard, then I would be more inclined to be pissed off because we passed on him for just size and grit. 

32 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Silyaev is a perfectly acceptable pick though. And I don't think it is clear which of them is the better defenseman overall. I would have no problems passing on him Silyaev. 

Oh yeah, don't get the wrong, I don't hate the silayev pick at all. But I have no doubt that the type of player he is, versus the type of player zeev is, taken against the rest of the roster,  was a driving force of the pick

Just now, Forge said:

That's what Larry Brooks is saying. 

Teams love bailing out the rangers. It's crazy

I don't get it man. They take your guys for free and then you reward them by taking their trash later. It really is a good ole boys club. I'd get blackballed, I feel, if I were a GM. I'd claim a goalie going through waivers, I'd sign RFA tenders, I'd do all the **** they don't take advantage of in the "spirit of the game" or whatever nonsense code they have.

• Like 1