Training camp news

Pastor Dillon

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

No clue, and not motivated to check...

Yes we traded for him at the end of the pre season. 

last year we entered training camp with the likes of JJoe’s Skelton, Gibson,  Colvin, Addae as all major rotation players. I guess we had Lonnie Johnson too and he’s still here. 

I think we’ve gotten worse at safety. I don’t see how Watkins and Murray are gonna be an upgrade over Gibson and Addae but who knows. 

our CBs should be better. Johnson played big minutes for us last year and he HAS To be better in year 2 doesn’t he? If Roby can stay healthy that HAS to make us better doesn’t it? Conley and Hargreaves came in on the fly and weren’t great but they were serviceable, having time in the system now HAS to make them better right?

surely our CB play HAS to be improved doesn’t it? 

I ask these questions because I honestly don’t know the answer but surely we can’t be any worse and have to be at least a little better. 

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think we’ve gotten worse at safety. I don’t see how Watkins and Murray are gonna be an upgrade over Gibson and Addae but who knows. 

our CBs should be better. Johnson played big minutes for us last year and he HAS To be better in year 2 doesn’t he?

I actually think - really, REALLY think - Johnson is going to see the majority of snaps at S next to Reid. Murray will play that #3 S like Addae did last season. 

This secondary is probably more of a question mark than it's ever been before, even going back to the early Kubiak days before Joseph and Danieal Manning stabilized the group...

• Like 1

Kahale Warring missed practice - at this point, he can't miss time if he's serious in getting PT.

I'm starting to think this is a wasted pick (sort of like how I felt when he was picked). The Jordans and Fells should be enough.

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Johnson said he expects to have a 1,000/1,000 season. Boy that would be amazing. 

I'd be flabbergasted. If that happens, the only answer I'd have is that Jack Easterby sold his soul to the devil... or he IS the devil.

A few bits of information I heard today:

- Keke Coutee looks really good out of the slot. He's fighting for that #5 WR spot with DeAndre Carter. Both guys can return kicks, Carter might be the better of the two on that. Both guys can play WR, and Coutee is better at that. It'll come down to the final day (if  there are no injuries...)

- Jordan Thomas is hands down the best TE on the roster so far. If there was a game this weekend, he'd get the start. Jordan Akins would be the #2/move TE, Daniel Fells would get snaps and Kahale Warring wouldn't even suit up.

- Will Fuller spent his off-season with a chiropractor, realigning his back and correcting his posture. That's huge, because there's a lot of correlation to soft tissue injuries and poor posture. This won't help against a broken collarbone or torn ACL due to contact, but it'll hopefully keep Fuller on the field. Randall Cobb visited the same chiropractor, and both are saying they feel great now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

A few bits of information I heard today:

- Keke Coutee looks really good out of the slot. He's fighting for that #5 WR spot with DeAndre Carter. Both guys can return kicks, Carter might be the better of the two on that. Both guys can play WR, and Coutee is better at that. It'll come down to the final day (if  there are no injuries...)

- Jordan Thomas is hands down the best TE on the roster so far. If there was a game this weekend, he'd get the start. Jordan Akins would be the #2/move TE, Daniel Fells would get snaps and Kahale Warring wouldn't even suit up.

- Will Fuller spent his off-season with a chiropractor, realigning his back and correcting his posture. That's huge, because there's a lot of correlation to soft tissue injuries and poor posture. This won't help against a broken collarbone or torn ACL due to contact, but it'll hopefully keep Fuller on the field. Randall Cobb visited the same chiropractor, and both are saying they feel great now.

Jordan Thomas is the 6th round pick thats like 24 right? Its Akins who was a 3rd rounder but is like 28?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Jordan Thomas is the 6th round pick thats like 24 right? Its Akins who was a 3rd rounder but is like 28?

Correct - Akins played baseball for a few years before he got his football career going. Thomas looked really good his rookie season, then got hurt/was out of shape last year. Reports have him looking pretty svelte and destroying coverages left and right.

In other news:

https://247sports.com/Article/Tennessee-Titans-free-agent-workouts-DOnta-Foreman-Geoff-Swaim-Texas-football-150389996/

Goodness, I remember when we thought Foreman was going to be our RB of the future...

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Correct - Akins played baseball for a few years before he got his football career going. Thomas looked really good his rookie season, then got hurt/was out of shape last year. Reports have him looking pretty svelte and destroying coverages left and right.

In other news:

https://247sports.com/Article/Tennessee-Titans-free-agent-workouts-DOnta-Foreman-Geoff-Swaim-Texas-football-150389996/

Goodness, I remember when we thought Foreman was going to be our RB of the future...

keep in mind that every other TE in american destroys coverages against the texans too

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

keep in mind that every other TE in american destroys coverages against the texans too

We've been doing better lately. Sure, Travis Kelce singlehandedly ended our season, but that's Kelce.