Better WR Duo: Michael Thomas/Tyreek Hill or DeAndre Hopkins/Julio Jones

mdonnelly21

Michael Thomas/Tyreek Hill or DeAndre Hopkins/Julio Jones   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Better WR Duo?

• Michael Thomas & Tyreek Hill
    • DeAndre Hopkins & Julio Jones

If Julio wasn’t 31, I would go with him and Hopkins, but considering age in the equation Michael Thomas and Tyreek makes the most sense. Hill isn’t as good as Hopkins but his elite deepthreat skillset is a boon. The stress that skillset puts on a defense is grand and would open up too much underneath for Thomas not to dominate.

A slightly younger Julio that isn’t at the point of slowing down some, is going to be even better at the deep threat role than Hill while Hopkins would be similarly as good as Thomas with everything else.

Initially I was going to go with Jones/Hopkins as I think they are both better than Hill. However, while I do think Thomas has solidified himself as the best WR in football, I'm not as high on Hill. The combo of those 2 could be really fun though. There isn't a better WR in the short/intermediate game than Michael Thomas, and there isn't a better deep ball WR than Tyreek Hill. They essentially are the perfect combo. Then there's the fact that Julio is 31 and likely on the verge (if he hasn't already) of losing a bit of the explosiveness that played a vital role in him being an elite WR for so many years.

Neither Hopkins or Jones are the deep threat that Hill is and don't have the speed to take the top off a defense like he does even if they are better WR's overall. Neither Hopkins or Jones are as effective as Michael Thomas is underneath in the short/intermediate game. Both combo's would obviously be a nightmare to stop, but I think the perfect pairing of Thomas and Hill would be more difficult for a defense to stop.

Im going with Thomas and Hill. I think Thomas is the best WR in the game. I believe Hill complients Thomas better than Jones and Hopkins. Like @tyler735 said above me, Hill might be the best Short/intermediate WR in the game and Hill is one of the best deep ball WRs in the game. The route combinations you could have those two would be absolutely devastating 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 9:43 PM, bigbadbuff said:

I just think the only complaint you could have of Julio right now is his lack of TD’s which i can’t give blame to him. The amount of under throws by Matt Ryan to Julio that would’ve been TDs is a lot.

On some deep balls, that's true. That's probably 2-3 TD's and 100 missing yards a year.