Cody Latimer put on NFL Exempt List

turtle28

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

The question is why he is still on our roster.  

That is definitely the question! We could certainly cut him and sign another vet to compete to be the #2. I don’t think anyone was too high on his signing to being with.

19 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Why isn't the Giants kicker, Dunbar, and Baker not added to that list as well? 

Dunbar is and Baker too. I have no clue about the Giants kicker. 

NBCSportsWashington has a story on Dunbar, but he’s not on Washington anymore so, I really don’t care.

I care more that Baker is getting put on the list bc he’s in our division.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Dunbar is and Baker too. I have no clue about the Giants kicker. 

NBCSportsWashington has a story on Dunbar, but he’s not on Washington anymore so, I really don’t care.

I care more that Baker is getting put on the list bc he’s in our division.

Giants Kicker is getting released because of a Hit and Run he was involved in. 

I care more of the fairness or rules that have to be followed to get put on the list. Knowing Baker and Dunbar are already there cleared somethings up for me finding out Cody is now there.

Josh Gordon needs to be Reinstated and Washington needs to sign him. Other's on that list have been accused of committing Serious Violent Crimes, Gordon on the another hand is there because of Weed. Something he nor Teams have to worry about with the New Drug Testing. 

6 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Wait, why is this guy on the exempt list?

In May, not too long after we signed him, he pulled a gun on somebody at a poker game in Denver.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/27/cody-latimer-commissioner-exempt-list-washington-football/%3foutputType=amp

Washington Football Team wide receiver Cody Latimer was placed on the commissioner’s exempt list because of his arrest in May in a Denver suburb. Latimer is facing eight charges with four felonies, including assault with a deadly weapon.

Per the league’s personal conduct policy, players on the exempt list cannot attend practices or games but can request permission from the team to be at its facility for meetings, individual workouts, rehabilitation and “other permitted non-football activities.”

Latimer’s leave-with-play will likely last until the league comes to a disciplinary decision, and any regular season or postseason games he misses will be credited against any suspension later imposed on him.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Just cut him and say goodbye to bad rubbish . Hate the Giants and EX-Giants !

I think they should cut him too. If they do they’d probably sign another vet to replace him to compete with AGG etc to be the #2 WR. Maybe that’s Josh Gordon like most in the forum seem to want or someone else, but they should move on from Latimer. If I remember correctly all or almost all of the forum wanted Latimer cut back in May and a different vet signed.

As we talked about in the Harmon thread after he tore his ACL, here are our free agent WR Options:

Free Agent WRs available:

Antonio Brown

Josh Gordon

Paul Richardson

Taylor Gabriel 

Chester Rogers

Demariyus Thomas

Jarius Wright

Chris Hogan

Ryan Grant

Jaron Brown

Russell Shepard 

Jordan Matthews 

Dontrell Inman

Justin Hardy

Aldrick Robinson

Rashad Ross

Eli Rogers

Obviously some names on there that would help. 

Edited by turtle28

For those keeping track, we’re now down to 130 combined career receptions among all the wide receivers on our active roster. 

McLaurin - 58

Quinn - 35

S. Sims - 34

C. Sims - 2

Kidsy - 1

There is no way that’s not at least a modern NFL record for a training camp roster. We actually somehow went into last season with fewer career receptions after cutting Doctson and Quick — 124 receptions, 115 from Richardson and 9 from Quinn — but it’s pretty unusual to see a team that doesn’t even have a veteran in camp with some experience. I know they were trying to do that with Latimer, but that’s not where we are at the moment.

• Like 1