2020 Training Camp Thread - DTWD

.Buzz

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's that sorta, "somebody had to get the targets" effect.  Let's call it the Mike Sims-Walker or Mike Thomas factor or something.

Yup. I refer to it a lot with our receivers, and ultimately we’ve had a lot of them since Jimmy retired after 2005.

2006 and 2007 were Reggie Williams and Matt Jones sharing it a bit, most notably showing up with Williams when he got 10 TDs in 2007. 
2008 was Matt Jones nearly hitting 800 yards. 
2009 was Mike Sims-Walker with almost 900 yards and 7 TDs. 
2010 was Mike Thomas with 800 yards and Marcedes Lewis with 10 TDs.

2011 saw Gabbert play so poorly that no one could make that jump. 

Then I suppose you could argue that Cecil Shorts was that guy for 2012 and 2013, though I do think he was legitimately a solid receiver who just couldn’t stay healthy.

Then for a couple years, we had some reasonable play from the Allen Bros and Lee occasionally putting up decent numbers as a #3 type.

2017 was Keelan Cole randomly getting just under 750 yards as a rookie as everyone else took turns being injured. 
2018 was Dede’s turn.

And now we wait to see how much of what Chark and Conley did last year was attributable to that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Ronnie Harrison twitter:  "So Relieved To Be Out Of Jacksonville And Around A New Team Who Wants One Common Goal! Thank You God! ✊🏿💯💯💯"

We all know he was part of Ramsey's clique my guy. Are we surprised he had parting shots as he lost his starting gig/got moved?

On 9/6/2020 at 1:00 PM, .Buzz said:

We all know he was part of Ramsey's clique my guy. Are we surprised he had parting shots as he lost his starting gig/got moved?

Just as important of a question: does anyone think these comments and more aren’t fully warranted?

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 12:00 PM, .Buzz said:

The other question with that becomes...are they moving out the "Ramsey's clique" guys because they don't think they can build a good team around them?  Or because they can't build a good team around them and they know they'll be called on it when they don't?

That's one of the key, fundamental problems with this "regime recycling" nonsense with Caldwell.  It's the same guys.  Blame old ******* Coughlin as much as you want, but he was far from the only problem players had with the regime here...and we've continued to see it play out even with Coughlin dismissed in disgrace.