2020 Training Camp Thread - DTWD

.Buzz

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Think it's obvious he means the starting QB role.

Most so just find it interesting that he seems to think Caldwell/Marrone are out if they don't play to a certain level. Wonder if he knows that for fact or that's just "speak".

I wouldn’t read any more into it than “if we’re a bottom 3 team, the team would be stupid to not move on from the front office and to also let a potential star QB go by to keep someone who couldn’t win more than 3 games”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I wouldn’t read any more into it than “if we’re a bottom 3 team, the team would be stupid to not move on from the front office and to also let a potential star QB go by to keep someone who couldn’t win more than 3 games”.

This is probably right.

Guess it's just wishful thinking.

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Is the K’Lavon move to end more of a positive progress thing or more of an Indictment on K’Lavon at LBer thing in your opinions? I know Yannick is gone so that plays into it as well.

Sounds like a positive. Wash said he's much bigger/stronger than he expected and think he can handle the big end role at times, and he'll get more reps/pass rushing opportunities at DE.

Odd as they talked about him as a SAM but from what I understand he never got any run there in camp.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 9:13 AM, .Buzz said:

I'd expect Chaisson to be playing DE this year, especially with Yan gone.  Playing "big end" sounds dubious though.  In sub packages, i can see it, in passing situations.  Basically where Josh Allen played last year.  So they're essentially just moving Josh to Yan's spot, and Chaisson into what Allen played last year.  Which makes sense i guess.  It worked well last time.  It worked well previously, with Fowler, who was also decidedly not cut out for traditional "big end" work.

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Is the K’Lavon move to end more of a positive progress thing or more of an Indictment on K’Lavon at LBer thing in your opinions? I know Yannick is gone so that plays into it as well.

If anything, it's really more an indictment of the inflexibility of our defensive system/coordinator.

DE is just where young pass rushers play here.  To me at least, it sounds like he'll basically just backfill Josh Allen's role from last year, which was previously Dante Fowler.  While Josh Allen will basically move into Yan's massive vacant role as the go-to pass rusher end.

• Like 2

Yeah, Dede has always been bad. Always felt his quality statistical seasons were not a product of anything he was doing but instead just everyone sucking and someone needing to catch the ball and him being the best of the bad. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yeah, Dede has always been bad. Always felt his quality statistical seasons were not a product of anything he was doing but instead just everyone sucking and someone needing to catch the ball and him being the best of the bad. 

It's that sorta, "somebody had to get the targets" effect.  Let's call it the Mike Sims-Walker or Mike Thomas factor or something.

Edited by Tugboat