Food Draft - Discussion Thread - Draft Starts Tuesday (8/4)

MKnight82

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Vidalia onions aren't a kind of onion, they're just yellow/white onions that happened to be grown in Vidalia, Georgia, so I don't know if that one will stick.

So with that logic, you’d apply the same to champagne? It’s a region in France. Plus, the soil content there makes it innately SWEET, unlike the other traditional white and yellow.

Just now, Daniel said:

Then again, if young white onions are a valid pick, I don't see why onions grown somewhere else aren't.  I'll wait a little bit on a ruling before I pick so you can have another crack at it if it gets tossed.

Scallions have their own wikipedia page, *****.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Then again, if young white onions are a valid pick, I don't see why onions grown somewhere else aren't.  I'll wait a little bit on a ruling before I pick so you can have another crack at it if it gets tossed.

Apply the same logic to ghee/butter IMO

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Pick a different kind of onion when it’s your time to pick 

No, it’s different 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

So with that logic, you’d apply the same to champagne? It’s a region in France. Plus, the soil content there makes it innately SWEET, unlike the other traditional white and yellow.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, vs. sparkling wine, I would.

When Counselor took onion, I thought pretty much all of them were off the table initially, so I don't know.