Food Draft - Discussion Thread - Draft Starts Tuesday (8/4)

MKnight82

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Don't worry, I'll be drafting green vidalia onions next.

tbf, I've tried to avoid ingredients that I thought were duplicative.  I went for scallions because I thought it was sufficiently different, and I didn't take a type of mint or garlic after they were selected because I didn't think disambiguation on those was logically resolvable, unless you went with black garlic which is entirely different.

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

tbf, I've tried to avoid ingredients that I thought were duplicative.  I went for scallions because I thought it was sufficiently different, and I didn't take a type of mint or garlic after they were selected because I didn't think disambiguation on those was logically resolvable, unless you went with black garlic which is entirely different.

I mean, if I thought you could just draft self rising flour, I would have taken it instead of what I'm doing, but eh, haven't lost out on anything I really need.  Baby leeks can sub for green onions in a jerk rub, and full sized ones can be grilled.  Doing Trini food and a dessert with 12 picks is borderline impossible without having some stuff pull double duty.

Also, Joshstradaymus was on during his pick and he didn't.  Can we just let @MWil23 pick so we can move along?  If he didn't pick then he's not going to come and pick now.  And me and him are on, so we can move through those more quickly.

Edited by Daniel

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, if I thought you could just draft self rising flour, I would have taken it instead of what I'm doing, but eh, haven't lost out on anything I really need.  Baby leeks can sub for green onions in a jerk rub, and full sized ones can be grilled.  Doing Trini food and a dessert with 12 picks is borderline impossible without having some stuff pull double duty.

Best to seek forgiveness than ask permission.

Nearly every ingredient I had was going to be doing double duty before UDFA was announced, now I'm full of it over here.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Best to seek forgiveness than ask permission.

Nearly every ingredient I had was going to be doing double duty before UDFA was announced, now I'm full of it over here.

Oh, I'm still gonna need one UDFA pick, but if I were making this for real, I'd need like 30 things because the ratios in garam masala aren't the ratios I need, but I also didn't want to use every pick on spices.

TBH my original idea was to do curry goat, but when no one took venison, I thought why not upgrade it.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

Oh, I'm still gonna need one UDFA pick, but if I were making this for real, I'd need like 30 things because the ratios in garam masala aren't the ratios I need, but I also didn't want to use every pick on spices.

TBH my original idea was to do curry goat, but when no one took venison, I thought why not upgrade it.

Yeah, I was surprised too.  I was going to take venison late for a change-up opportunity and game meat theme.

19 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, I was surprised too.  I was going to take venison late for a change-up opportunity and game meat theme.

Speaking of surprises in the last 15 minutes, I need to make my picks before I throw my laptop against the wall here in a few.

I can't say what I'm referring to, but I'm betting you know.

Edited by Daniel

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Speaking of surprises in the last 15 minutes, I need to make my picks before I throw my laptop against the wall here in a few.

I can't say what I'm referring to, but I'm betting you know.

I can figure it out.