College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

Is no one else laughing that the head of the B1G has a son playing at Mississippi State and he said “he’s an adult, I’m leaving the decision up to him”, but it’s too dangerous for other 18+ year olds to play so he’s fine mandating that? 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Is no one else laughing that the head of the B1G has a son playing at Mississippi State and he said “he’s an adult, I’m leaving the decision up to him”, but it’s too dangerous for other 18+ year olds to play so he’s fine mandating that? 

It's been the most confusing equation I've encountered in my life. I'm guessing that will change after today/tomorrow though. 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

No, because he's in charge of a different league.

I don't how he resolves this "hypocrisy". Because his kid, who he has no control over anymore, goes into a league where the commissioner didn't force everyone else not to play, he now has to decide that the B1G needs to play too? That makes no sense.

You're so busy worrying about if people are making consistent decisions you aren't asking if they are making the right one.

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's been the most confusing equation I've encountered in my life. I'm guessing that will change after today/tomorrow though. 

Not if Wisconsin's Barry Alvarez (who's one of three on the return to competition task force) has anything to say about it.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

looking like B1G football will be back.

Target start date is October 17th with an 8 game, 9 week schedule and a December 19th B1G Championship game.

It's pretty amazing that with a decision which was always going to split Americans 55/45 the B1G managed to annoy everyone. Blatant cash grab with other conferences playing, and now this shifts the national focus to the PAC-12 so the B1G doesn't have to get cancelled by the internet anymore.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's pretty amazing that with a decision which was always going to split Americans 55/45 the B1G managed to annoy everyone. Blatant cash grab with other conferences playing, and now this shifts the national focus to the PAC-12 so the B1G doesn't have to get cancelled by the internet anymore.

What more did you expect lol? It's a microcosm of America right now.

Edited by beekay414

I've been saying for months we wouldn't get college football. Ever since people started pouring into the streets, bars, etc, I felt it was done. I started mentally preparing myself for this "fact" back then and thought I'd be ok with it..... then other schools started playing and I wasn't ok with it. Now we're getting the chance it'll be back and I'll be irate if it doesn't happen (as long as kids can opt out of they don't feel safe). Today, I realized how much of an addict I actually am. Acknowledging this is the first step to fixing it, which I won't do, but at least I acknowledge it. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

37 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't how he resolves this "hypocrisy". Because his kid, who he has no control over anymore, goes into a league where the commissioner didn't force everyone else not to play, he now has to decide that the B1G needs to play too? That makes no sense.

You're so busy worrying about if people are making consistent decisions you aren't asking if they are making the right one.

If only there was some type of governing body to step in and help during this time of need and lack of leadership or consistency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If only there was some type of governing body to step in and help during this time of need and lack of leadership or consistency.

I mean, we've known for a while that the P5 conferences hold all the power. They're going to branch off eventually as it is. The NCAA's control is diminishing by the hour, especially if the G6 conferences form up as well. NCAA is about to go the way of the AAU here soon.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, we've known for a while that the P5 conferences hold all the power. They're going to branch off eventually as it is. The NCAA's control is diminishing by the hour, especially if the G6 conferences form up as well. NCAA is about to go the way of the AAU here soon.

Former NCAA Athlete here. I’ll believe it when I see it

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That is still totally out of the B1G commissioner's control. As far as I can see, the only things he could do to resolve this would be to force the B1G to play regardless of whether it's actually safe or not, forbid his kid from leaving to go back to school (the technical term for this is kidnapping), or quit his job. 

What should he do to resolve this hypocrisy you're so obsessed over?

44 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What should he do to resolve this hypocrisy you're so obsessed over?

Simple:

We will honor all scholarships for anyone and everyone who opts out of the season. Those who want to play can play. Those who don’t don’t. 

• Like 2