2020 Mock Draft Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

7 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think he'll be gone by pick 5 but I'll be ok with Ekeler or CEH at 7. If it comes down to it I wouldn't hesitate to pick Kelce or Kittle.

Thats tough. I'd consider Kelce but not sure I'd pull the trigger on Kittle there. CEH in Covid world worries me but I'd take him over Ekeler

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats tough. I'd consider Kelce but not sure I'd pull the trigger on Kittle there. CEH in Covid world worries me but I'd take him over Ekeler

Yeah I think worst case, I'll have to pick between Ekeler/Kelce/Kittle. Which isn't bad. I may lean Ekeler over those two. I think he's safe for 15-18 touches a game.

8th pick, 12 teams Non-PPR.

Yes, I took Aaron Jones at 8, no regrets

Decided to bypass Kelce in Round 2 for Jacobs just to test out how it looks and in doing so decided to take Mahomes round 3 for fun(I think he and LJax go round 1 or early 2nd for sure, would bet a paycheck on it) had Kittle been there round 3 I would've gladly taken him

QB: Patrick Mahomes

RB: Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs, Raheem Mostert, Marlon Mack

WR: Calvin Ridley, DJ Chark, Hollywood Brown, Robby Anderson, N'Keal Harry

TE: Jared Cook

Overall I'm happy with the outcome: Elite QB and Top-8 TE. Dont think my RB/WRs really suffered because I took Mahomes round 3. Truth be told, I had Ridley as my top WR when I took Mahomes so in a real draft I would've pulled the trigger

12 team PPR Mock Draft from the 12 spot

1.12 Joe Mixon

2.1 Miles Sanders

3.12 Robert Woods

4.1  Mark Andrews

5.12 DeVante Parker

6.1 D’Andre Swift

7.12- Antonio Gibson

8.1- Tarik Cohen

9.12 Jalen Reagor

10.1 Mecole Hardman

11.12 Aaron Rodgers 

12.1 DeSean Jackson

13.12 Brandon Aiyuk

14.1 Justin Tucker

15.12 Eagles DST

QB- Rodgers

RB- Mixon/Sanders

WR- Woods/Parker

TE- Andrews

Flex- Swift

K- Tucker

DST- Eagles

BN- Gibson, Cohen, Reagor, DJax, Hardman, Aiyuk 

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

12 team PPR Mock Draft from the 12 spot

1.12 Joe Mixon

2.1 Miles Sanders

3.12 Robert Woods

4.1  Mark Andrews

5.12 DeVante Parker

6.1 D’Andre Swift

7.12- Antonio Gibson

8.1- Tarik Cohen

9.12 Jalen Reagor

10.1 Mecole Hardman

11.12 Aaron Rodgers 

12.1 DeSean Jackson

13.12 Brandon Aiyuk

14.1 Justin Tucker

15.12 Eagles DST

QB- Rodgers

RB- Mixon/Sanders

WR- Woods/Parker

TE- Andrews

Flex- Swift

K- Tucker

DST- Eagles

BN- Gibson, Cohen, Reagor, DJax, Hardman, Aiyuk 

I personally am not a huge fan of this team.  I am staying away from Mixon, just not a fan.  Swift as a starter makes me nervous not knowing his role until KJ gets hurt.  I also dont love the starting WRs. Guess I am still shy on Parker and Woods seems like a solid WR2 but dont love him as a 1.  I think Rodgers has a bonce back year and love the value on him that late, but still a risk given the risk of the rest of your team.  

10 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I personally am not a huge fan of this team.  I am staying away from Mixon, just not a fan.  Swift as a starter makes me nervous not knowing his role until KJ gets hurt.  I also dont love the starting WRs. Guess I am still shy on Parker and Woods seems like a solid WR2 but dont love him as a 1.  I think Rodgers has a bonce back year and love the value on him that late, but still a risk given the risk of the rest of your team.  

Some valid things here. Don’t love Swift as a Flex. And Parker is risky as a WR 2. But that is part of the price to pay when you lock up a top TE in a draft.

I would very much disagree with your hate on Mixon. What’s not to like? Great talent and in a work horse role. He started slow last year but was a beast 2nd h  as of of the year. I expect this Bengals offense to be better than last year. 

Woods is a WR 1. He may not be a sexy one but he is a consistent one. Look at his numbers especially in PPR. 

There wasn't a specific thread to put this, so I decided here would be ok hopefully. I'm a tier based drafter. However, I have a a full PPR 3 WR 2 Flex league draft on Saturday. I know WR tends to thin out more in 3 WR full PPR drafts from the 5 years I've been in this league. I guess my question is does anyone have any general thoughts or strategies associated with this format? I won it last year, but off the backs of CMC, Lamar Jackson, and the Pats D. I didn't draft terribly, but it could gone a different way had i not had those 3. I felt a bit lucky. Any general thoughts or opinions are appreciated 

4 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

There wasn't a specific thread to put this, so I decided here would be ok hopefully. I'm a tier based drafter. However, I have a a full PPR 3 WR 2 Flex league draft on Saturday. I know WR tends to thin out more in 3 WR full PPR drafts from the 5 years I've been in this league. I guess my question is does anyone have any general thoughts or strategies associated with this format? I won it last year, but off the backs of CMC, Lamar Jackson, and the Pats D. I didn't draft terribly, but it could gone a different way had i not had those 3. I felt a bit lucky. Any general thoughts or opinions are appreciated 

PPR and forced to start 3 WRs definitely leans on them more than a standard league with a standard roster setting too. Like you said about tier-based drafting, its all about value. Do you start 2 RBs too? Or the flexes considered those?

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

PPR and forced to start 3 WRs definitely leans on them more than a standard league with a standard roster setting too. Like you said about tier-based drafting, its all about value. Do you start 2 RBs too? Or the flexes considered those?

QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, TE, Def, K. I've been mocking on Yahoo, to get a sense of their value charts (the platform for this league but I hate it tbh). They only have standard mock drafts so it's difficult. I'm picking 5 in a 10 team. I'm hitting more RB/RB combos of Cook, CEH, Sanders, and Jacobs to start, then just taking shots at WR. After Micheal Thomas and Devante Adams, tier 2 and 3 WRs feel all the same.

9 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, TE, Def, K. I've been mocking on Yahoo, to get a sense of their value charts (the platform for this league but I hate it tbh). They only have standard mock drafts so it's difficult. I'm picking 5 in a 10 team. I'm hitting more RB/RB combos of Cook, CEH, Sanders, and Jacobs to start, then just taking shots at WR. After Micheal Thomas and Devante Adams, tier 2 and 3 WRs feel all the same.

Agreed on the RBs although i have Thomas in that tier alone especially in PPR

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed on the RBs although i have Thomas in that tier alone especially in PPR

I agree. I just meant Thomas>Adams>Everyone else.

I need to do a couple of mocks and post them. I an get a better sense of what value is.

Did 2 mocks. I'm not sure I really like either, but I'm my own worst critic

Team 1

QB: Mayfield

RB: Carson, Conner, Mostert, K. Hunt, M. Mack, Mattison

WR: M. Thomas, J. Jones, Lockett, Parker, Crowder

TE: Engram

Team 2

QB: Newton

RB: CEH, J. Jacobs, M. Ingram, Akers, Dobbins, Gibson

WR: OBJ, AJ Brown, Lockett, Gallup, Crowder

I think I like team 2 more just because the the backs are more heavily involved in the passing game.

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

Did 2 mocks. I'm not sure I really like either, but I'm my own worst critic

Team 1

QB: Mayfield

RB: Carson, Conner, Mostert, K. Hunt, M. Mack, Mattison

WR: M. Thomas, J. Jones, Lockett, Parker, Crowder

Team 2

QB: Newton

RB: CEH, J. Jacobs, M. Ingram, Akers, Dobbins, Gibson

WR: OBJ, AJ Brown, Lockett, Gallup, Crowder

I think I like team 2 more just because the the backs are more heavily involved in the passing game.

I definitely like team 2 better. I would like team 1 better if it only had 1 of Carson/Conner and then another more stable back. A lot of potential injury concerns there for me to be comfortable with that as my 1/2 punch. 

12 team Non-PPR Picked 8th:

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Chris Carson, Mark Ingram, Jordan Howard, Chase Edmonds

WR: Calvin Ridley, DJ Chark, Preston Williams, Darius Slayton, Justin Jefferson, N'Keal Harry, Allen Lazard

TE: Travis Kelce

Its not ideal with my 1st 2 picks to be from the same team but KC is the ideal team to pick. I think Ingram is underrated and Howard could be a solid #3 as an early down RB with TD potential. Carson in round 3 would be very ideal. I was thrilled Ridley fell to round 4. His ADP jumped 7-8 spots which I hate