Bills extend LT Dion Dawkins (4 year, $60 M)

RaidersAreOne

We paid his calculated market value just about (was 14.3 mil). I like the deal. He loves it here in Buffalo and is a leader on the team. He's the type of guy you lock up. Love it. 

As mentioned, next up is Tre and Milano.  

Glad they got it done. I really like Dawkins. Many people think he's just an average tackle, but I think he's a pretty damn good tackle. Not elite, but solid. He had an off year two years ago due to being surrounded by **** talent. He was solid last year with a mediocre line. Hopefully as (if) the line improves so will Dawkins. Sounds good in theory. We just need Ford to develop and we'll be set. Glad we got one of the most important positions on the line (actually, the entire offense) filled for the next four years.

Edited by WizeGuy

7 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Glad they got it done. I really like Dawkins. Many people think he's just an average tackle, but I think he's a pretty damn good tackle. Not elite, but solid. He had an off year two years ago due to being surrounded by **** talent. He was solid last year with a mediocre line. Hopefully as (if) the line improves so will Dawkins. Sounds good in theory. We just need Ford to develop and we'll be set. Glad we got one of the most important positions on the line (actually, the entire offense) filled for the next four years.

I dont think the line is mediocre but I do agree in 2018 they had a garbage LG in Bodine so it was good that they were able to upgrade with Spain to get the leftside anchored like they did in 2017 with Incognito. The rightside is still the issue, if they can just get Ford settled in to a position and he can actualy excel in, then I am good with it, but this flip flopping of RT and RG is not doing him any favors. I do hope that Daryl Williams come back to his 2017 self and solidifies the RT position leaving Ford to move to RG. Feliciano is going to be a FA and will likely command some money that a desperate team will be willing to pay. Williams and Ty are both FA next year as well so they need to figure out what Ford is, moving forward so they can then focus on the one missing spot that isnt signed long term in 2021 offseason. Outside of the missing spot and maybe TE help the bills are in a good spot with the offense long term.

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:52 AM, WizeGuy said:

Here's the thing. Nobody knocking Dawkins as a player. Hes a steady LT, what everyone (myself included) were worried about was him getting 18+ or being paid as an elite LT which hes mot worth, especially with Milano and White due for a raise

I think everyone agrees with 15 

Edited by BillsGuy82
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually got to see the breakdown of his contract which I was interested in knowing it and it is really not that bad in anyway. Yes 4 years 60 mil and 29.5 guaranteed but overall it is pretty decent. As it is an extension with 2020 included.

2020 Cap hit $8.1 mil compared to the 1-2 mil he was originally going to make
2021 Cap hit $11.395 mil Dead cap if cut is $21.68
2022 Cap Hit  $12.725 mil, Dead Cap if cut is $10.785
2023 Cap Hit $13.450 mil, Dead Cap if cut is $7.19
2024 Cap Hit $13.895 mil, Dead Cap if cut only $3.595 (savings of $10.3 mil)

Even though he is getting a decent pay day to be the LT it is very reasonable prove it type contract where the Bills can let him go if need be any time after 2021 season.