2020 Western Conference 1st Round

11sanchez11

8 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

eh regular season different than playoffs and they are playing god awful right now. lol.  if we played them round 2 i dont see anyway the series goes past 6 games.

Based on the way they played game 2, they won’t sniff another win, much less a 2nd round appearance lol. I’m pretty confident that we make the 2nd round before bowing out. 

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

How do we feel bout the nugs tomorrow? 

could go either way bro. i think they have really unleashed something with Donovan in their spread PnR. it's like a houston with Capela offense and that always gave the Nuggets fits. and Millsap is essentially looking done and two of their other good defenders are out in Barton in Harris.

The Nuggets just need to be better on offense. Jokic is still getting his against Gobert, but the Jazz are forcing them into that offense. You don't win a series like that. Gobert can hold his own a bit. So the Nuggets just need to be better offensively. They need to get Murray/MPJ/role players looks from 3 and more involved in general

No excuses from me considering the Jazz are down guys too. The Nuggets are the more talented team. Really hope they adjust after getting SMOKED on Wednesday. Donovan essentially played the two best games of his career back to back.

Jokic has been just okay by his standards so far. His defensive effort needs to pick up. He needs to be the best player on the floor.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Soooooo is Barton and Harris gonna play again this year or what? Did they think Utah would be a push over. 

Harris might be back for game 4. He's been practicing. But he seems like he might just have chronic health issues at this point. Barton left the bubble a couple days ago to get treatment. Pretty frustrating considering they had 4 months off or whatever.

I don't think they thought they would be a pushover. But they just really struggled defensively in game 2 and Snyder made some great adjustments. Mitchell is playing incredible. Clarkson and Ingles are playing great. Jazz are humming and the Nuggets aren't doing enough defensively to make them uncomfortable. They can bounce back today. But Utah is better than I thought they would be. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Feels like to me they need Jerami Grant to step up on both sides of the floor. Idk how much Millsap is playing but maybe the game has passed him by :( 

I won't be surprised if Jerami starts today. He should. I think Paul has only been able to play 15-20 minutes both games. And he has been the lynchpin on defense that essentially took us from a borderline playoff team to a team that was top 10 in offense and defense. Right now he can't get buckets on this Morgan guy. The Jazz don't have to guard Millsap or Craig. Mitchell isn't having to defend because they are putting him on Craig. It's pretty frustrating. We need Malone to make some adjustments to make them work on that end because I'm not sure we have the personnel to stop them if Mitchell is going to shoot this well. Dude is at like over 60% on pull up threes right now. He was a low 30s shooter all year. So he might come back to earth. We'll see 

Playoff basketball is fascinating bruh. The Jazz cool down a bit and the Nuggets make some adjustments on offense and they could blow them out today. But if Mitchell stays this hot? We are just gonna have to match them bucket for bucket. Gonna be a good one.