Who would you rather draft? Watt/Miller in 11 or Donald/Mack in 14?

patriotsheatyan

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Never got deep into the playoffs though. Shame. 
But yeah, Von was/is better than Mack. Even that year in 16. When Mack won DOOY all

i remember saying was wtf. Didn’t have the best of stats and impact wasn’t that great on a bad defensive team. It was more of a up and coming team. IIRC even Carr had MVP talks. Mack to me doesn’t come close to being an elite top tier defensive player. Weather it’s due to injuries or age, he simply doesn’t move the needle. Has had one good year in Chi? That trade is now being touted great for the raiders. When you’re suppose to lose a “HOF talent” you’re suppose to get worse not better... And he has a great supporting cast btw! Specially in that front 7.. 

Hasn’t really taken Chi to the next level. See what he does this year. But i expect similar numbers ala last year. 8-9 sacks and a few TFL. 

Basic ok Numbers.. Nothing special. 

I... Really can't argue against this. Good job! I'm proud of you, son. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

I’m 100% y’all had a highly rated defense though.. Had some real good talent and Highly rated.. Dont wanna look please don’t make me look 

There was one year - 2016, I think - when Whitney Mercilius, AJ Bouye and Jadevion Clowney had great years (when Watt was hurt). 2012, I think Conner Barwin had his breakout season? Kareem Jackson was underrated IMO - never got the praise, but he was a gamer. I give no pass to Cushing, but he had some moderate seasons as a cleanup guy behind Watt. 

There was never a definitive guy - it was a rotating cast of characters, but Watt was the glue that brought it together.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think you're selling him short.

He was good at stopping a run after a 3-5 yard gain. Didn't really play downhill, but did the sideline to sideline stuff well. He was pretty decent in coverage against TEs not named Dallas Clark or Marcedes Lewis. Those two crushed him routinely.

It wasn't even the roids that did him in - it was the knee injury in 2012 (which is more to do with Matt Slausen spearing Cush in the back of the knee) and the knee injury in 2013 (Jamaal Charles diving into the other knee the following year). After that, concussions - just a bad run of concussions, ones that should have probably been managed better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He was good at stopping a run after a 3-5 yard gain. Didn't really play downhill, but did the sideline to sideline stuff well. He was pretty decent in coverage against TEs not named Dallas Clark or Marcedes Lewis. Those two crushed him routinely.

It wasn't even the roids that did him in - it was the knee injury in 2012 (which is more to do with Matt Slausen spearing Cush in the back of the knee) and the knee injury in 2013 (Jamaal Charles diving into the other knee the following year). After that, concussions - just a bad run of concussions, ones that should have probably been managed better.

Good post. Mine was more just piling on that he was more roided WWE wrestler than anything. But doesn't he hold the Texans record for tackles? So he was around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Good post. Mine was more just piling on that he was more roided WWE wrestler than anything. But doesn't he hold the Texans record for tackles? So he was around. 

While it may have been the roids, Cush brought pure crazy to the team - he was insane, legitimately insane. You need that guy sometimes, he brought an edge that has been missing since 2017 - that bar room brawler mentality. It probably was a case of roid rage, but that crazy filtered its way through the team (WITHOUT steroids, of course).

JJ Watt is too "Captain America" to give off that edge, TBH.

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

While it may have been the roids, Cush brought pure crazy to the team - he was insane, legitimately insane. You need that guy sometimes, he brought an edge that has been missing since 2017 - that bar room brawler mentality. It probably was a case of roid rage, but that crazy filtered its way through the team (WITHOUT steroids, of course).

The Falcons could use that. Kazee, Neal, even Oluokun have that kind of fire, but they don't have the personality to play it off. Allen has the leadership to do it, but can't. If there was one thing I would add to the Falcons, it'd be a dude on defense who was a captain that gave everyone a swagger. Someone like a Kam Chancellor or a Richard Sherman.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Lmao. Bro this ish got me rolling. Lmao. Sounds like me as poster. 

• Like 1