Jump to content

Rack's 2021 Mock Draft - 4th Edition up now (Feb 26) - 3 Rounds w/ Full Writeups


Recommended Posts

I mean, I'd be happy with a playoff run that deep for the Vikings. Looking at their needs, I think that interior offensive or defensive line would be better to address in round one, but I could see them going CB, depending on how things shake out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Good pick and thought process for Washington.  I approve.

To be fair, that was maybe the easiest pick in the whole mock lol

12 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I mean, I'd be happy with a playoff run that deep for the Vikings. Looking at their needs, I think that interior offensive or defensive line would be better to address in round one, but I could see them going CB, depending on how things shake out.

I believe I considered DT for you guys at that spot as well so I'll keep that one in mind for next time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the Lions finishing with the 19th pick and became distracted. I don't really believe that is going to happen after we saw the meltdown against Chicago (and the 10 other 4th quarter blown leads in the Patricia era) but I'll take it if it happens. 

Defensive Line is definitely a need and Twyman could be a nice option if he can really be Donald 2.0. LB would also be a major need. Sneaky needs could also be WR (Marvin Jones and Danny Amendola are both in contract years).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 5:06 PM, Karnage84 said:

I saw the Lions finishing with the 19th pick and became distracted. I don't really believe that is going to happen after we saw the meltdown against Chicago (and the 10 other 4th quarter blown leads in the Patricia era) but I'll take it if it happens. 

Defensive Line is definitely a need and Twyman could be a nice option if he can really be Donald 2.0. LB would also be a major need. Sneaky needs could also be WR (Marvin Jones and Danny Amendola are both in contract years).

This was created before the season started. That's obviously one of my projections that doesn't look very good right now lol and I don't think Twyman is anywhere close to Donald and to be quite honest, based on what I've seen so far I'm not a huge fan. I think he's a good pass rusher but is severely lacking as a run stopper. That being said, the consensus has him as a first round player right now so I'm rolling with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Vikings are picking in the top 5 now. Give us a QB or blue chip LT

Unless you guys are picking top 2, maybe top 3 and can pick Sewell, you likely aren't getting a blue chip LT at the top of the draft. As for QB, are the Vikings in a financial situation where they can move on from him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rackcs said:

Unless you guys are picking top 2, maybe top 3 and can pick Sewell, you likely aren't getting a blue chip LT at the top of the draft. As for QB, are the Vikings in a financial situation where they can move on from him?

We are stuck with him this year and next. Can cut him in 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rackcs said:

Unless you guys are picking top 2, maybe top 3 and can pick Sewell, you likely aren't getting a blue chip LT at the top of the draft. 

This could be an excellent draft for LT's in 2021.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-2021-the-top-10-offensive-tackle-rankings/

Edited by Tetsujin
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I think going OT in the top few picks is a waste. Either trade down for one or get a playmaker with a top pick.

Well I very, very much disagree with that. Especially when it comes to a LT, they're worth their weight in gold. Just look at how average Burrow is looking. He's certainly not playing badly, his OL is just garbage and he doesn't have time to do anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well I very, very much disagree with that. Especially when it comes to a LT, they're worth their weight in gold. Just look at how average Burrow is looking. He's certainly not playing badly, his OL is just garbage and he doesn't have time to do anything.

You don't need a Top 5 pick to get a good LT. I think in the 2021 draft especially, I'd rather have the #3 OT and another good pick, than Sewell- even if he's a HOF'er. You'll end up setting the market just to retain that guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • rackcs changed the title to Rack's 2021 Mock Draft - 4th Edition up now (Feb 26) - 3 Rounds w/ Full Writeups

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...