Covid Season Week 1 GDT: JETS @BILLS

bigbadbuff

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree about getting the RB's involved but on the read option that is up to Josh. He needs to stop fumbling but we also can't take his legs away from him. Need to find the balance.

I am positive Beane has already been on the phone with Haush. But look around the league. Kicking issues are everywhere and even from steady veterans. I'm hoping we give Bass a chance to redeem himself early. 

Yea I think bass should have the opportunity this week against the dolphins but any misses we need to look at hausch as weeks 3-6 can come down to a one possession to determine a win or loss and missing a fg while in the redzone could cost us points and momentum

9 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yea I think bass should have the opportunity this week against the dolphins but any misses we need to look at hausch as weeks 3-6 can come down to a one possession to determine a win or loss and missing a fg while in the redzone could cost us points and momentum

I may be in the minority here but I have no problems with Bass. The first missed FG was good, just went over the uprights so we couldn't review the play. The 2nd missed one was a laces out situation. That one is on the holder in my opinion. Bass didn't seem to have an issue with extra points and he's valuable on kickoffs. 

Of course my opinion could change with time, but give the rookie some time to get it right. If Beane and McD had the confidence in him to cut Hausch early in the competition, so do I. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, leeevans83d said:

I may be in the minority here but I have no problems with Bass. The first missed FG was good, just went over the uprights so we couldn't review the play. The 2nd missed one was a laces out situation. That one is on the holder in my opinion. Bass didn't seem to have an issue with extra points and he's valuable on kickoffs. 

Of course my opinion could change with time, but give the rookie some time to get it right. If Beane and McD had the confidence in him to cut Hausch early in the competition, so do I. 

dont get me wrong it is time to move on from hausch but the confidence in the new guy is making me look back and want hausch on the roster as his veteran experience will not be rattled compared to bass. I am just not overly confident in the kicking situation we are in right now, going in to weeks that may make the difference. These are chip shot fg and excuses of it possibly being good because of going over the upright and laces out is an easy way out, those should be down the pipe without question, if it was a 45+ yard fg I would be okay with it but a 34 and 36 that should be a given everytime especially when you spend a draft pick on a guy as you are confident they have the ability to make simple kicks that way. To me it is just frustrating to see as we have experienced those close games they were lost because of a fg and having weeks 3-6 look to be difficult is a bit worrisome. Again hopefully come next Monday I will have seen enough to be happy with the decision of keeping bass because he made some against the phins.