How much breathing room does Carr have this season?

TecmoSuperJoe

This topic is bad timing, I believe Mariota just went on IR, but he could come back off of it actually after Week 3. I’d say Carr is on a 5 bad game leash (if he’s really stinking it up) or 9-10 average game leash. We shall see. 

Regardless, this is a make or break year for Carr. And he can’t just be “Above Average”. He really needs to ball out of control. Something like 30 TDs, Single Digit INTs, 4500 yards, 8.0+ YPA and at least one win vs KC. We’ve been in QB limbo hell for 3 years. 

Plus he needs to show some grit... over the past 3 years, especially last year, he would just completely shut down in some games. Jets and Vikings to name a couple. He wouldn’t take any chances, he wouldn’t do anything, he basically wouldn’t even play football. Complete shutdown. Many fans are tired of seeing this, and I’m sure Gruden is as well. Carr is ultra conservative, just because he has a sexy arm, does not mean he is not Alex Smith levels of conservative. He needs to break that habit and get back to his 2016 self. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Considering Mariota is on IR and has been brutal in camp, I think Carr is safe. 

Although Peterman is now QB2 and the GOAT so...

Just bet $1 on Peterman to win MVP to win 1B, pretty good value. 

(making fun of what the odds would be).

Carr might actually do better with better coaching, and more weapons. I know you can see that about anyone practically, but Carr at least as shown his top potential in 2016. Carr on the Chiefs would be interesting. Alex Smith, the most conservative passer I thought I'd ever seen, lead the NFL in deep passing in 2017 all due to Andy Reid and the new weapons.