The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

But not important, our D balled, now we got Wilkins too. If Jones can keep his head on straight, I really think our D can be great. 

That’s all that matters, I’ve been screaming to improve the D for years. 
So happy we finally have. 
Build the team up correctly, then go find your QB. 

I’m happy about that. 

Anyone on here going to a Costa Mesa practice?

On 7/18/2024 at 7:30 AM, BackinBlack said:

But not important, our D balled, now we got Wilkins too. If Jones can keep his head on straight, I really think our D can be great. 

That’s all that matters, I’ve been screaming to improve the D for years. 
So happy we finally have. 
Build the team up correctly, then go find your QB. 

I’m happy about that. 

Anyone on here going to a Costa Mesa practice?

I live near Costa Mesa so I may go. I start a new job next week so it depends on my schedule 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I mean our QB play was significantly worse… and our D got better… 
were you not arguing our QB play was holding our D back? 

I know you weren’t a fan of Carr, but you can admit he was miles better than Jimmy right?

Carr giveth and carr taketh away aoc barely giveth and barely taketh away. Sometimes the defense doesn’t need the qb to throw the game away with t/o’s. See 2nd kc game. A couple pick 6’s / fumbles from aoc and we lose that game Imo.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr giveth and carr taketh away aoc barely giveth and barely taketh away. Sometimes the defense doesn’t need the qb to throw the game away with t/o’s. See 2nd kc game. A couple pick 6’s / fumbles from aoc and we lose that game Imo.

Agreed. AOC had enough sense during that KC game not try to do too much and lose the game. He understood the limitations during that game, managed it and helped us win 

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

so youre arguing a game where we didnt complete a pass after the first quarter we got better QB play? 

that was a better QB performance than Carrs last game against KC? I dont know man, I know you say wins and losses are all on the QB but this is kinda tough for me to believe. 

also that last KC game we 3/9 drives were 3 and outs. . . 
didnt you always say 3 and outs make it impossible for the D to keep it up? and tire them out

That game was 100% on the D... to try and argue that game as some how being better QB play is crazy to me. 
yall act like carr fumbled or threw an int every gme. 

AOC had 62 yards and no TDs... yes no turnovers. 
Carrs last 5 games against KC, he averaged 277 yards, had 11 tds and 4 ints. 

i agree an AOC turnover and we probably lose..
take away our 2 D tds and we probably lose lmao...
you cannot win consistently with 67 passing yards. 

we had more D tds in that game than 2020 and 2021 combined... and you think the no O turnovers is why we won? not the D TDs lmao

regardless... 
we can end it here, I know you hated Carr. 

If you think AOC vs KC was good qb play, as you just used as an example, I legit cannot talk Raiders qb with you. 
So cheers! WE finally building a good D!
We can agree on that. 

Edited by BackinBlack

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. AOC had enough sense during that KC game not try to do too much and lose the game. He understood the limitations during that game, managed it and helped us win 

62 yards.. 

you all give Carr no props on our playoff season.. saying it was all jacobs... 

now your saying AOC helped win the KC game? 

gotta pick a position and stick with it. 

KC game is not an example of a QB playing great lol. 

Why not at least choose the Chargers game 

time of possession KC had 35 mins.. to our 25.. so its not like we were just keeping the ball away from them either lmao...
That game was all D. 

Honestly shocked to see people argue QB play was good that game

Edited by BackinBlack

34 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

62 yards.. 

time of possession KC had 35 mins.. to our 25.. so its not like we were just keeping the ball away from them either lmao...
That game was all D. 

He didn’t lose the game by throwing picks like the Miami game. He didn’t play good at all but as a rookie he didn’t lose it. My argument had nothing to do with the previous QB

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

so youre arguing a game where we didnt complete a pass after the first quarter we got better QB play? 

that was a better QB performance than Carrs last game against KC? I dont know man, I know you say wins and losses are all on the QB but this is kinda tough for me to believe. 

also that last KC game we 3/9 drives were 3 and outs. . . 
didnt you always say 3 and outs make it impossible for the D to keep it up? and tire them out

That game was 100% on the D... to try and argue that game as some how being better QB play is crazy to me. 
yall act like carr fumbled or threw an int every gme. 

AOC had 62 yards and no TDs... yes no turnovers. 
Carrs last 5 games against KC, he averaged 277 yards, had 11 tds and 4 ints. 

i agree an AOC turnover and we probably lose..
take away our 2 D tds and we probably lose lmao...
you cannot win consistently with 67 passing yards. 

we had more D tds in that game than 2020 and 2021 combined... and you think the no O turnovers is why we won? not the D TDs lmao

regardless... 
we can end it here, I know you hated Carr. 

If you think AOC vs KC was good qb play, as you just used as an example, I legit cannot talk Raiders qb with you. 
So cheers! WE finally building a good D!
We can agree on that. 

It’s the t/o’s. Carr is the better qb compared to aoc and jimmy at the moment. But carr loves his t/o’s. Those t/o’s we’ve seen for years just kill us esp when then end in points. Aoc for all his limitations protects the ball better but he also is less risky and it’s translated to a few wins. Like in the aoc maxx interview he said first kc game aoc looked better but they loss. 2nd kc game he looked scared etc but they won. At the end of the day you gotta do whatever it takes to win. If the Defense has momentum offense can’t f that up. Play field positional game and run and don’t turn the ball over can also win you games. Qb doesn’t have to be Superman all the time. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

62 yards.. 

That game was all D. 

Aoc may not have been the main reason we won but he didn’t lose the kc game. Couple fumbles or a int and imo it’s another kc loss.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

This 

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s the t/o’s. Carr is the better qb compared to aoc and jimmy at the moment. But carr loves his t/o’s. Those t/o’s we’ve seen for years just kill us esp when then end in points. Aoc for all his limitations protects the ball better but he also is less risky and it’s translated to a few wins. Like in the aoc maxx interview he said first kc game aoc looked better but they loss. 2nd kc game he looked scared etc but they won. At the end of the day you gotta do whatever it takes to win. If the Defense has momentum offense can’t f that up. Play field positional game and run and don’t turn the ball over can also win you games. Qb doesn’t have to be Superman all the time. 

Yes in no world is Carr being better than Jimmy or a 4th round rookie impressive. 

Im just saying, a year we got worse qb play and a better D…

doesn’t prove your theory, our bad qb play is making our D worse. 

Our D improved because;

one Epps was an actual starting safety, and actually let Moehrig play his role. 

We let the best players play.. see Koonce. (This raises practice mentality too, as players believe anyone can start)

we cut Peter’s for refusing to tackle and picked up Jones who was a stud for us.

what’s funny is I’d actually argue having a good qb makes it tougher on your Ds stats

teams know they’ll need points.

teams will eventually get garbage time stats.

more likely to go for it on 4th. Etc etc.

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Aoc may not have been the main reason we won but he didn’t lose the kc game. Couple fumbles or a int and imo it’s another kc loss.

Or not 2 D tds… 

again, more than 2020 and 2021 combined.

cant count on your D to do that every week haha.

sounds like you guys knew the game was in the bag at half, I was extremely nervous thinking KC would eventually start scoring. Should’ve known AOCs zero completions in the 2nd half was a key to success lol. 
How is this a discussion? 

also @NCOUGHMAN
we had 18 ints last year between Jimmy, Hoyer and AOC.
in 2022 Carr had 14 ints and Stidham had 3.

Carr lost 1 fumble.
So 18 turnovers each.

You still want to argue we had better QB play ?

Same amount of turnovers. 
Less TDS, way less yards.

any metric that was drastically improved? 

Again, all i said, we had worse QB play last year, which you disagreed with. 
tell me how? less Turnovers wasnt true. 

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

also @NCOUGHMAN
we had 18 ints last year between Jimmy, Hoyer and AOC.
in 2022 Carr had 14 ints and Stidham had 3.

Carr lost 1 fumble.
So 18 turnovers each.

You still want to argue we had better QB play ?

Same amount of turnovers. 
Less TDS, way less yards.

any metric that was drastically improved? 

Again, all i said, we had worse QB play last year, which you disagreed with. 
tell me how? less Turnovers wasnt true. 

Revisionist history.

• Like 1