Around the NFL: Week One

D82

8 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Obv we are all excited for the Eagles & Wentz losing but I think the bigger story is that Washington D-line.

Kinda saw this coming this year with all that high round talent they have invested in that unit, they will be causing a lot of issues for offenses this year.

And now Dwayne Haskins has an off-season under his belt and a coaching staff that doesn't throw him under the bus. Washington looking pretty good.

A ton of quick passes and screens 

21 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
22 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Please. We know that it won’t last. After last night’s dreadful performance in the running game, we know that Garrett will retool the offense to “simplify” it.

It's just super ironic. Especially with no real off-season to speak of.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see that offense do well and be just as aggressive moving forward. 

34 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s not Garrett’s nature. If that happens, it’s because Judge is forcing it. 

Which is where I was going with that. Think JG is what he is for most part. New trick here or there, but if there is anything significant, then there are most likely other forces in play.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Which is where I was going with that. Think JG is what he is for most part. New trick here or there, but if there is anything significant, then there are most likely other forces in play.

Same thing that I think forced McCarthy into going for it on that 4th an 3. New team, wanted to show his new bosses that hes not like the old regime. Same thing Garrett did in New York, wanted to show his new bosses that he will be more aggressive. But when it's not working, coaches tend to revert to their old self's