NFL General Discussion

candyman93

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Read an interesting breakdown of the new NFL TV deals on Reddit-

“It’s specifically Fox and CBS, who previously held the NFC and AFC packages, respectively. The distinction has meant less and less over the last decade or so with “cross-flexing,” and now it’s removed entirely. Games are assigned to each network independently of conference (though I assume they’ll still work to get both networks in every stadium at least once). I assume there won’t be any bidding or drafts—games are probably just assigned by the league when scheduling.

Sunday night flexing seems largely unchanged—CBS and Fox are able to protect a handful of games each from flexing, but otherwise NBC largely gets its pick from Week 11 on (plus up to two games after Week 5 but before Week 11).

The new Monday night flexing is under basically the same rules as Sunday night, but is limited to Week 13 and beyond.”

This could in theory really help the Columbus market who has to decide between Cinci and Cleveland.

I'm super curious to see how this ends up for me in essentially a geographical "no man's land". I used to be able to watch about 60% of Browns games without streaming/Sunday Ticket, so I have no idea how that will work going forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm super curious to see how this ends up for me in essentially a geographical "no man's land". I used to be able to watch about 60% of Browns games without streaming/Sunday Ticket, so I have no idea how that will work going forward.

So we will still be on CBS predominantly, but have flexibility now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The Bengals/Browns 1:00 PM kickoff is quite the kick to the midsection, as will be the case if they do their classic "this week CBS only get's 1 game. Please tune in to see 2 other random AFC teams play at 1:00 on Fox."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not sure how to even determine relevance for this.

Like, ok, we weren’t reliant on turnovers for success, but we had very little success imo, especially early in the season.  Weather and a few crap QBs at the end of the year boosted the numbers, but they weren’t “good” at any time.

Now we’re running a different defense.

idk..

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not sure how to even determine relevance for this.

Like, ok, we weren’t reliant on turnovers for success, but we had very little success imo, especially early in the season.  Weather and a few crap QBs at the end of the year boosted the numbers, but they weren’t “good” at any time.

Now we’re running a different defense.

idk..

Yep. Browns defense belongs on a graphic that contains the word "success" like a pedo belongs within a mile of an elementary school.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 10:22 AM, candyman93 said:

Great this is going to be a pain in the *** living in Toledo (yeah yeah yeah)

We get the Lions and Browns guaranteed and when the Browns are on Fox and the Lions we’re playing at the same time I knew I wouldn’t get the game at home. Now I have really do some digging. 

I’ve really considered getting the ticket this year. I’d assume you also have to have a YouTube tv account during the season. Wife is going to not like that cost 

7 minutes ago, JDD said:

Great this is going to be a pain in the *** living in Toledo (yeah yeah yeah)

We get the Lions and Browns guaranteed and when the Browns are on Fox and the Lions we’re playing at the same time I knew I wouldn’t get the game at home. Now I have really do some digging. 

I’ve really considered getting the ticket this year. I’d assume you also have to have a YouTube tv account during the season. Wife is going to not like that cost 

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Think you can get Sunday Ticket by itself, but it'll cost more than it would if you have a YouTube TV account.

I'll only get it if you can have multiple profiles with one account, and I'll split it with my dad or someone. Otherwise, I'll pass.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello NFL take your money department. 

Draft Kings calling, can we sponsor everything and include in game betting?

Yeah, you want to give us millions and we can pretend that we like betting now? 

Players, cool I can bet on NBA games while getting some treatment? No betting in the Clubhouse 

You are suspended now 

I will never be surprised at the hypocrisy of pro sports leagues but this is pretty stupid for everyone involved. I mean betting on NFL games as a player is dumb obviously but can players play weekly fantasy football? Just not in the clubhouse?