NFL General Discussion

candyman93

Jameson Williams has been a bust. Jahmyr Gibbs does nothing. Yet Detroit is killing it.

Also really interesting to me that Detroit is another team with massive d-linemen. They have pass rushers who are 270+ and they have massive DTs. 

For the longest time teams were using guys built in the same 250-260 speedy frame as Von Miller, but there’s been a shift. Teams are becoming HUGE.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Jameson Williams has been a bust. Jahmyr Gibbs does nothing. Yet Detroit is killing it.

Goff has been rock solid, LaPorta is a rookie steal, Hutchinson from the Williams class has been a stud, they have another young EDGE pick who is awesome, and Sewell is all pro caliber. Just goes to show if you hit on half your picks but get value later it doesn’t matter.

Detroit has an incredible OL and DL, and Montgomery is a solid RB.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Also really interesting to me that Detroit is another team with massive d-linemen. They have pass rushers who are 270+ and they have massive DTs. 

For the longest time teams were using guys built in the same 250-260 speedy frame as Von Miller, but there’s been a shift. Teams are becoming HUGE.

Even Jack Campbell is enormous at LB.

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Detroit has an incredible OL and DL

I wouldn't say their DL is incredible. They're probably in the 10-12 range, with Hutchinson being awesome.

Detroit is winning because they have really good schemes, really good coaching, and perfect players to complement what they're doing schematically.

Also, Jameson Williams isn't a bust. He has played only a handful of games yet. Obviously he hasn't helped them win yet, but he's gonna be a star in the league once he returns. 

10 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I wouldn't say their DL is incredible. They're probably in the 10-12 range, with Hutchinson being awesome.

I love their NASCAR package and think Houston and Cominsky are legit. McNeil is also good as an interior guy.

Detroit is winning because they have really good schemes, really good coaching, and perfect players to complement what they're doing schematically.

I don’t disagree but they finally have depth, something they didn’t have before the last year or so.

Also, Jameson Williams isn't a bust. He has played only a handful of games yet. Obviously he hasn't helped them win yet, but he's gonna be a star in the league once he returns. 

Eh, we will see. I’m not labeling him either yet. Dude is a one trick pony who is a body catcher.