NFL General Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Patriots losing gives me so much joy. Belichick so desperately wanted to have a team like this that he could scheme is way into success. And now this is the results. Turns out he’s not that good without the goat that he wanted to kick out the door. 

Aside from seeing the Ravens or Steelers lose, nothing gives me as much Schadenfreude as watching the Patriots lose.

• Like 1

As a Browns fan, never really understood the Patriots hate. Yeah, seeing them in the SB every other year got boring and Boston sports fans in general are the worst, but if it weren't for them, how many SB appearances do the Ravens and Steelers have over the years?

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

As a Browns fan, never really understood the Patriots hate. Yeah, seeing them in the SB every other year got boring and Boston sports fans in general are the worst,

…my dude

Just now, DawgX said:

but if it weren't for them, how many SB appearances do the Ravens and Steelers have over the years?

If anything, I’d argue they cost Peyton about 5 rings

12 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Colts are unlikable too, so that's okay

I hate them

12 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Maybe since my dad is a Pats fan I have less hate for them than the average football fan.

How did you become a Browns fan? I blame my father for being a Browns fan lol

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Born here and my mom's side of the family are Browns fans. And I like pain.

I blame my grandfather and his uncanny knack for knowing that I was trying to change the TV channel when a Browns/Buckeyes game was on and he was snoring on his recliner...to this day I curse his name under my breath every Browns season and still try to figure out how he would snap out of his slumber and yell at me to leave the game on :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Feel bad for dudes when stuff like this happens 

A few years ago we had an all conference senior fumble tied 21-21 as we were driving for the winning score. We lost on a last second field goal and missed the playoffs and he was sobbing inconsolably. Absolutely gut wrenching moment. I think that was his only fumble in his career, just an absolute shame.

High character, high detail honor role student who is probably in med school now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

A few years ago we had an all conference senior fumble tied 21-21 as we were driving for the winning score. We lost on a last second field goal and missed the playoffs and he was sobbing inconsolably. Absolutely gut wrenching moment. I think that was his only fumble in his career, just an absolute shame.

High character, high detail honor role student who is probably in med school now.

I think what bothers me about situations like that-

You can easily tell that player “hey we did a lot of bad ish to even get to this point.” It’s the truth, as a team there’s stuff you all could have done to prevent that from happening.

However, that kid knew the totality of the moment and thinks he’s all to blame.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

Offenses are simply not creating chunk plays through the air or on the ground, a culmination of a recent trend (or renaissance) in defensive philosophy that wants to make offenses earn those yards and points, sacrificing multiple short gains to take away the long ball. While more reps can lead to leaner muscle in real life, it forces offenses to make effective plays constantly and hope their moments of selected aggression work out more often than not.

It’s like the 3 ball in the NBA. Teams will eventually adjust. The Browns are a perfect example of this. They refuse to let pocket passers beat them, especially deep.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-overhang-nfl-scoring-is-down-and-offenses-have-been-sputtering-and-heres-why/ar-AA1iwhRO

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I think what bothers me about situations like that-

You can easily tell that player “hey we did a lot of bad ish to even get to this point.” It’s the truth, as a team there’s stuff you all could have done to prevent that from happening.

However, that kid knew the totality of the moment and thinks he’s all to blame.

Another assistant came up to him and showed him his wrist band that he was wearing for one of his coworkers and the kid’s teachers, who had a 4 year old son dying of cancer.

He gently grabbed him, pointed to the band and said “Son, this is a big deal. What happened tonight is a game. Remember that.”

• Like 3